Jul 21, 2015

Big Kid Backpacks At Last

I didn't realize until shopping for a three-ring binder for Noah's class at co-op last week, that the backback he's been using since his MDO and preschool days was not quite full-size. That explains why his folder always had to be bent at the corners to fit inside though.  Nothing like being slow on the uptake, huh? Duh, mom.


So today we remedied that shortfall. I took the kids shopping for some big kid backpacks and they were so pumped to get to pick them themselves.  They were so little when we got the blue and pink ones that they took no part in that selection process. :}  And at Union they were assigned boring navy tote bags which was a bummer altogether.  Needless to say, my two were bounding down the aisles at Target and then Academy and I was kinda giggly excited for them, too. 


I think their selections match them so well.  Love what they landed on and love that it didn't cost an arm and a leg. And love that we didn't have to hit twenty stores before finding something they (and I) could be happy with.  HA!  Ready for co-op next month now!

No comments: