Feb 2, 2015

Super on Sunday

Josh hadn't even pulled entirely into the garage before Noah sounded the happy alarm last night that "Daddy's home!!"  Noah tore down the stairs from his window watch and he and Anna flew to the kitchen door to greet him, "Daddyyyyyyyyyyyy!"  I would have too if I weren't so exhausted from the weekend.  Ha!  This little reunion put the super in OUR Super Bowl Sunday.  It's also super because it is not our norm anymore.  We stopped for a moment to recall how often Josh used to travel.  I shudder to remember those long weeks. I love that the kids hardly remember that season in our lives.


I made some super dip for the game and Noah thoroughly enjoyed it.  Josh and I thoroughly enjoyed the game, even though the Seahawks lost. We love a nail-biter, and this game did not disappoint!

 

This daddy's girl returned to her true form in no time.  Nevermind that I took care of her all weekend by myself.  When she had to get out of bed and hurry to the potty last night, it was Daddy who she called for by instinct to come help/save her.  I am not complaining, mind you.  I welcome the help from Super Daddy any and every day. :}  Especially after days of my solo act for sick-kid detail.


(Sick pup update ... She is laying low still and staying home again today to be near the bathroom and to rest and let her poor little body continue to heal.) 

1 comment:

Emily said...

That poor little girl....I hate to see a sad pitiful little kid. :(