Apr 13, 2012

This Girl

THIS girl is a pill.


A pill, I tell you!  On any given day, I could give you several new examples of her pill-ness.  Could be her after nap grumpiness, her short fuse, her sassy moods, her picky eating ways, her "I want to be alone!" with her arms crossed so far across her body you think they will pop out of socket at the shoulder.

Today, I'll share just the most recent "pill" moment.   We've been out shopping, she's had her lunch, she's watched me clean, she's been scolded for not being truthful, we settle down to a little tv together and I offer her some choices of shows to watch.  That's supposed to be a great strategy for dealing with toddlers and preschoolers, you know.  Give them power/choice within a set of predetermined options the adult sets forward.  Oh, no.  No, no, no, no, no.  My Anna scoffs at all of such child management strategies.  Be it food, clothes, books, activities, anything, it's gotta be on Anna's terms. This always happens ... just like it did today.

I said, "Anna, which do you prefer? Doc McStuffins, Mike the Knight, Max and Ruby, or Curious George?" Was she satisfied with any of these FOUR great choices.  Oh, no. Heavens, no.  Her highness named a FIFTH option I overlooked apparently.  Not for a second did she buy into the idea that she was limited to my list.  So, Fine!  Caillou, it was.

All pill.

3 comments:

Amy Faye Brown said...

She's a rebel at heart.
Wait! I know someone else just like that.
Child management strategies? Ha! Writers of such nonsense have never encountered the Brown girls. :)

Kimberly said...

I hear that. All pill ... and I am completely under her spell.

Emily said...

hahah!!!! I like that.."pillness" I'm totally stealing that term....