Dec 29, 2011

Taa Daa: Menu Planner

This year was a big success in the grocery section of our budget for several reasons.  1.  Couponing.  2.  Stockpiling.  3.  Menu Planning.  

I had the best little menu planner/grocery list pad all year.  But this week, I used up the last page. {sniff}  I was secretly hoping my mom would get it again for me for Christmas this year, but that was not to be.  So I had to get resourceful.  Our menu planning must continue!!  Here's what I came up with.  On the left is this year's menu planner (sans grocery list side) and on the right is 2012's new dry-erase menu planner.


It was originally a picture frame we made at MOPS last year that I intended to use for bible verses in Anna's room instead.   But I never got around to putting it up, and, let's be honest, the girl can't read yet, so she won't mind if I borrow it for awhile in order to feed her face.  (yeah right - like she eats?) {sigh}

Anyway, long live menu planning!  Bring on 2012!

3 comments:

Emily said...

great idea!

The White Family said...

Email me all of your menu planning couponing advice! I actually do okay planning a week's worth of meals, but I stink at couponing, but want to do better this year. I need new recipes, too!

Kimberly said...

My best couponing advice is to go to one of those seminars on it. So. Much. Information. I did 2 actually ... and that 2nd one really helped because I was plain OVERWHELMED after the 1st one. :)