Dec 24, 2011

A GTP Christmas

The kids are washed and in bed and asleep (I hope) and we just got done stuffing stockings and situating Santa's surprises in their respective big red sacks with fuzzy white trim.  But, it appears I overshot a bit with the Christmas shopping this year.  There were a couple things we decided tonight at the last minute to not give the kids after all and to just hold for birthday presents later; and somehow both all those things were items for Noah.  I seem to have bought so much more for him along the way. I hope Anna doesn't mind that he technically has several more gifts than she does.  How did that happen?  In my defense, the biggest gift is actually hers ... a drum set.

Anyway, the items we had to re-hide for another gift giving occasion were a video game and .... an AIR HOCKEY TABLE.  Seriously?! How does one go about acquiring a not-quite full-sized air hockey table that one does not need in the end?!

One answer, I tell you.  One.  GTP on FB.

Oh, Girlfriend's Trading Post.  Bless you.  I bought not one gift at retail prices in stores this year.  Got stuck in not one shopping mob scene.  Got it ALL secondhand (or at consignment), in like new condition, at DEEPLY discounted prices.  So discounted, in fact, that I somehow unknowing fully funded Noah's birthday presents four entire months in advance - which are, like I said above, now an air hockey table, marble maze set, and video game.

Love my GTP.  I totally do!  But tonight, I'm pretty sure GTP stands for Got Too many Presents.  Ha!

2 comments:

Amy Faye Brown said...

I think you have a new obsession. :)

Kimberly said...

Oh yes. Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes.