Dec 3, 2011

Last Words for 2011

Adding one last stockpile of words I've gathering along the way of the last books I'll be reading this year.  They all fall under the categories of sounds cool, new-to-me, or great usage altogether.  So, you know, it's a real exact science. ;)  I put my faves in bold. 
  • wherry
  • athwart
  • aseity
  • suprarational
  • avocation
  • henin
  • undine
  • bodge
  • erudite
  • bonhomie
  • eyas
  • foundered
  • demesne
  • ragout
  • groat
  • virago
  • cock-a-hoop
  • blenches
  • treacly
  • geomancy
  • investiture
  • leveret
  • arcana
  • stanchions

2 comments:

Heather said...

Kimmie, every time I read one of these list of words, I always smile because I think back to high school when you used to carry a piece of paper around that had a list of names you loved that one day you might name your kids. And, if I am correct, those list of names that you carried around for years didn't make the cut when you actually chose your kids name. :)

Kimberly said...

Ahhhh, no. Poor Hagan Jeremiah didn't make the cut. Eli Wesley did not either - Josh said he would be beat up every day at school. Giggle. :}

And for record, I do also remember the list of 5 names we narrowed it down to for Noah. I can still see us on the couches in our little GA home. Emmett (what was I thinking then, too), Benjamin, Samuel, Matthew, and Noah. :)