Dec 14, 2011

Blogging the Books in 2011

This year, I read 35 books....still re-reading that 35th one, to be exact.  What follows are Kimmie's 2011 highlights in the Lit. Dept.

Favorite book:  Demon by Tosca Lee

Honorable Mentions for Favorite: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, Lady of  the Rivers by Philippa Gregory

Most read authors: Suzanne Collins - 3 books, Tosca Lee - 2 books, Chris Fabry - 2 books, Dr. Dobson - 2 books, Carolyn Mahaney - 2 books, Ginger Plowman (2 books, 1 was read 4x)

Fastest reads: Food Rules by Michael Pollen, Don't Make Me Count to Three by Ginger Plowman, Shopping for Time by Carolyn Mahaney

Most shared books:  Don't Make Me Count to Three, Creative Correction, Shopping for Time

Slowest Reads:  The Weird Sisters by Eleanor Brown, Praying the Names of God by Ann Spangler

Most change-effecting read:  Heaven is a Place on Earth by Micheal E. Wittmer

Rereads this year: Don't Make Me Count to Three, Creative Correction by Lisa Whelchel,  Praying the Names of God, Bringing Up Boys by Dr. Dobson

Will read again:  Don't Make Me Count to Three, Creative Correction, Demon

Real page-turners:  Demon, The Help by Kathryn Stockett, The Hunger Games trilogy, Havah by Tosca Lee, Surrender the Heart by MaryLu Tyndall, The Lady of the Rivers, Ketchup is a Vegetable by Robin O'Bryant

Book I finally abandoned altogether:  Freedom: A Novel by Jonathan Franzen, Decision Points by George W. Bush (sorry, George. I was bored to tears.)  - Interesting Note - these were both e-books, which might be part of the problem.

Books in the queue for 2011:  Demon (reread), The Veritas Conflict, The Lemon Tree, Heaven is for Real, Forbidden, Ziporrah: Wife of Moses, Eye of the Needle, A Bride in the Bargain, Family Walk, Almost Heaven, Stitch 'n Bitch, The Lacuna, Healing the New Childhood Epidemics:  Autism, ADHD, Asthma, and Allergies.

4 comments:

Cindy said...

I gave up on Decision Points too. But I really liked Laura Bush's book. It was much more interesting than his.

Kimberly said...

Wow. You, too? Now I don't feel like such a quitter. :}

Emily said...

I will probably come back to this blog post when I need a book to read. Right now though, I've got two book series' to read.

I liked this book list..not a book "list" :)

Elizabeth Bradley said...

Um... I'm terribly behind on emails. Terribly. That's what 6 weeks in America and a busy plate will do for you. ;)

I wanted to comment on this to tell you that it inspires me. So far this year I have 25-30 books on my list that I'd like to read... and while I hope to read them all, I've been a bit worried that I'm being too ambitious. But then I saw how many you read last year and thought that perhaps there's hope!