Dec 19, 2009

Book Count 2009

Ahhhhhhh! I finished reading my 35th book of the year last night! Feels good to wrap things up. Some notables from 2009:

Favorite author (read 5 books of hers): Philippa Gregory

Fastest reads: Twilight Series by Stephenie Meyer

Got me most flustered: An Unlit Path by Deborah Hannah

Most change-effecting: Family Driven Faith by Voddie Baucham

The one Josh read: Family Driven Faith

Will go through again: Creative Correction by Lisa Whelchel

Already started reading for 2010: Spectacular Sins by John Piper

Books in the cue so far for next year:
Adopted for Life

Peace like a River (a reread)
Creative Correction (a reread)
Shepherding a Child's Heart (a reread)
The DNA of Relationships
The Shipping News
Everyday Talk

Still looking for and hoping for some good novels, so if you have any recommendations, do tell.

6 comments:

Emily said...

...and if you have any books to pass on, let me know! I haven't read any books in a a couple months...I kinda miss that!

Heather said...

uh-mazing!!! When do you find time to read this much? I like to read novels, but as soon as I sit down to do it, either the kids are calling for me or I am fast asleep!

Kimberly said...

Oh, I know Heather, I know you end up asleep. I remember many first hand accounts of your falling asleep on movies in high school and college.

When I think of you and movies in college, I think of you and Jodi and Shag. Hah!

Laura Koslowsky said...

You will Love Love Love Adopted for Life! It's my favorite book on adoption that I've read so far. I will have to pick up some of your recommendations from this list. I read a series or 4 books by Terri Blackstock this year that I really enjoyed. The first is called Last Light, about a world wide power outage...kind of an interesting perspective on how reliant we are on modern conveniences.

Kimberly said...

So funny - I picked that book after seeing the link to that conference on y'all's blog.

A good adoption book you might appreciate is one I read several year's back - Fields of the Fatherless.

Alison said...

A good Christmas read is the one by Glenn Beck...interesting and thought provoking (sp?). I think it is called The Christmas Sweater. Fast Read.