Oct 29, 2009

WPTM #17: What Daddy Sees

What Parenting Teaches Me #17: What Daddy Sees

Noah loves, loves, loves to play this game in the car where he tells us what object or person he sees formed in the clouds. And as soon as he has declared what he sees he follows through by asking us to play. Usually he invites his Daddy by saying, "What Daddy see?"

This is a good example to me of how I can approach the Lord about things. I can open up and be honest about how I am perceiving a problem, issue, upset and then ask the Lord to show me what He sees instead in that situation. My version of Noah's "What Daddy see?" would go something like this, "Open the eyes of my heart in this situation, Lord" or "Father, let me see this person how you see them."

1 comment:

Memaw said...

Love the Mickey Mouse pumpkin -
the porch looks beautiful - I have
had my share of "mouse" experiences
(not Mickey) I am fighting the battle of the giant frogs down here
in the tropics -I finally found a
formula that kills them dead - it's
the Aqua-Chem filter cleaner - who
would have thought it - I got five
today - Looking forward to our
"Fall"Festival tomorrow-should be
about 93 - love you all.