Oct 13, 2009

FL Legs 1 & 2: Travel/Family

Seriously, I am at a loss as to how to fully recount/convey the wonderful times we had while in Florida over the past two weeks. In my attempts to organize some posts about it, I have become convinced it can't be done. Or at least, I am not about to spend the time trying to retell it all. I just wouldn't be able to do it justice. And we had too great a time to not do it justice. So I think I will have to let myself off the hook on this one and just post some of my favorite pics from the trip.

First, the travel. Noah's 3rd trip by plane, Anna's first. There were some great play areas at the Nashville airport (Tampa, too,). As a result, Anna was wiped out by the time we got on the plane. And thanks to Noah's peanut allergy, Southwest switched up the in-flight treats to cookies rather than peanuts for the entire plane. I didn't even know they would do that, but I sure appreciated it. And Noah liked the plane-shaped cookies for the entertainment value alone. Another perk of the trip down was how empty the plane was. We had about 15 empty seats surrounding us in the way back, so there was plenty of room for the kiddos to move around. Which you know that they did - especially since Anna only slept 15 minutes. On the way home we had only our 3 seats with which to make do. That turned out to be OK since Anna slept almost the entire flight home. Thank goodness.






Now some shots of our time with Josh's family. On this round of our trip we got to see Memaw and Papa John, Uncle Jason and Aunt Yesi, their girls - Holly and Hannah, and Aunt Kathy and her daughter-in-law, Robin, and Robin's son, Jakob. There was also a sweet little cake (2 actually) and party in honor of Anna's and Memaw's birthdays. There were also several dogs that Noah ran screaming from every time he saw them. The cat and her kitten, though, he welcomed with tentative, but open, arms.









Noah was so taken with this cat and her baby that many things afterward were referred to as mommy such-and-such and baby such-and-such. Even the fruits of his potty efforts were deemed mommy and baby if their respective sizes fit. Gross, but a little adorable, too.

3 comments:

Amy Faye Brown said...

It looks and sounds as if y'all had the best time! So glad! Can't wait to see more pics!

Kate LaCasse said...

I like the part about the airplane cookies. And the cats, of course!

Alison said...

SEE - you can travel with two little kids - I told you!! It might take a little more effort, but it is so worth it. Looking forward to reading more about the trip!