Oct 31, 2017

Trick or Treatin' 2017

Lasa would not wear the Peppa Pig costume I got her THAT WAS PRECIOUS.  She's a fickle thing.  She liked it when we first got it. Not so much when it was time to wear it to PDO today.

So I improvised and came up with an equally precious costume idea - Doc McStuffins.  See here the Plan B preciousness!

My big kids set up a cauldron for the porch for while we would be out and about. 

Then Josh got home and we hit the road.  The air was perfectly cool but not coldcoldcold. Couldn't ask for better.

Lasa hung with it for an hour before Josh headed home with her.  I trekked another hour with my pretty witch and super cool Ninjago character. People liked Anna's mini hat and Noah's lego hands.
 
 
 
 
 
 

I soaked in the chill in the air and the gorgeous colors and the fun spirit of neighbors and visitors all out and about together.  I love the holidays!

Back at home, we got more foot traffic on our quiet cul-de-sac than we have ever had in our 9 years.  Anna was so excited to attend to the candy-giving-out part of the holiday.   She says she was less excited about trick-or-treating this year.  She says she feels like the older she gets the less important the holidays seem. Bless it!  But, fair enough.  Noah, ever light of heart, says he had fun as usual.  I love that boy.

After all the fuss, Lasa ate her allotted 3 pieces of candy,  Noah and Anna watched It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown, we sorted out the peanut-risk candies, and I blogged the evening's goodness.   Happy Halloween!

No comments: