Oct 21, 2017

Gulf Shores, Day 3, Part 2

We decided to have lunch out on Day 3 on our way to an arcade/go-kart/lazer tag place called Adventure Island.  We found a little spot called Mama Lottie's and it was some {great} beach pizza -  reminded me of Mack & Manco's Pizza on the boardwalk on the NJ shore back in high school.  It was so good!  After a morning on the beach, we were starving and this really hit the spot.

At Adventure Island, Noah just barely made the height requirement to drive a go-kart on his own.  Fun!
 

I got roped into playing Lazer Tag and had a blast doing it, but I was coughing for the next hour afterward.  Josh won, but I was a SOLID second.  Lasa did not like me running around and hiding and jumping out to surprise people.  She said I "gared" her. ;)  Kudos to Josh for taking the Win even though he was carrying her the entire time!

Then we blew threw some cash in no time flat playing video games.
 
 

While Lasa napped that afternoon, I went to the pool with the kids and then back out to the beach after that.  This was the first time and last time I actually put my bathing suit on and swam. Ha! 

More lounging for Noah while he waited for Josh to come down with his newly waxed skimboard after Lasa woke up.
 

Anna was hunting for shells with me, searching under the water instead of on the shore. 
 

Then she went the way of the crab.  This was so funny to catch her in the act - making crab shadows.

Is it just me, or is this effect of the water on the sand so beautiful?  

Pretty sure this was my favorite shell to find - the colors and stripe variations. Love.

Still lounging.

As the sun went down, reinforcements met us on the beach.  Lasa, post-nap, moved ever so slowly through the sand there in the back. 

Then she was off to the races again, bless it.

Spirits were so high, I got big cheeser pics like this that I ADORE.

Noah loved trying out his board and I loved watching him persevere and improve with every attempt. He and a couple other boys took turns trying this out, which was also a plus for Noah, being the social one that he is.
 
 
 

Anna explored burying herself and Lasa was fascinated with all the sand possibilities. She loved all the sand play all the rest of the days after this.
 

How lovely is the setting sun over the shoreline?  So lovely.

So lovely, in fact, I took the same shot again. Ha!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

I was quite addicted to taking pics of baby exploring the beach.  Obviously.
 

Bring on the boogie boards!  I love how I caught the wave juuuuuust as it overtook Anna.
 
 

Love this family shot.

Love the silhouette of Josh and the kids as they walked back to us after playing further down the beach.  
 

I am pretty sure playing at the beach in the evening is my favorite. All the fun, none of the sweat. 😜