Aug 26, 2017

Anna's Cut

Anna has been diligently growing out her hair for almost 2 years now so she could do more styles with it.  And MOSTLY she takes good care of it.  Here over the last month or so she has lagged in that dept and her hair seems to stay knotted and tangled and stringy all the time.  I could take it no longer and she was in agreement - it was time to take the crazy down a notch.  Haircut it was!  She was tickled to get her hair washed at a salon, which she has never done before. 

 

HUGE improvement.  She loves it.  She says sthe likes how soft the ends are now. Ha!  Next up - me!  It's been a couple years since my last cut, too.  Planning to try out a new place once all three kids are back in their Thursday programs at the same time.

3 comments:

Emily said...

So pretty!!! I just cut Natalie's hair tonight...to about that length also!

Kimberly said...

Oh man! I wanna learn how to cut hair. When did you get the nerve to first start doing it yourself?

Emily said...

I've been doing Natalie's for her last 3 cuts. Just you tube it...for a basic trim/cut even a simple layer is sooooo simple. Nothing to it. Start in the middle back of her head...and work your way around each side. Saves us a little money anyway...
I've done Brooklyn's once, but her hair is SO THICK, she needs more than a basic trim (which I have done a basice cut, but afterward realized she needs some major layers to take the load off her head, and I've not gotten the confidence for more than a trim/cut/one long layer). You can totally do Anna's. Try it next time..just a trim...then once you get the feel for it, just cut however many inches you want off! Then you'll be like, "shoooooooot, I can throw some layering in this too!" Cuz honestly...what the worst that could happen with a long hair cut? I'll tell you...you mess it up, it's still long, so you then take her to the salon to fix your mess up....

but you won't mess up...it's too simplistic.