Feb 5, 2017

DDD 2017

DDD means Daddy-Daughter Dance and this year was Josh and Anna's SIXTH year to attend.


Every year it gets better and better for them.  Anna followed her notes-to-self from last year about pacing herself so she wouldn't get tired, about wearing more comfy dancing shoes, and about wearing a less hot dress.  We covered all those bases and it was a smashing success.  Look how beautiful!


I hear tips for next year include wearing some snazzy tennis shoes instead (inspired by her friend Emma's kicks), a less sparkly dress (apparently, the sparkles came out on seats?), and putting her hair in a pretty ponytail for all the active boogie'n!  Good thing Josh planned ahead and had a ponytail holder at the ready for just such a need anyway - Dance Date Extraordinairre!

Some dinner and dance footage that came home last night...




She sure did love the twirly factor that came with this dress... said if felt like the solar system was orbiting around her.  I see she kicked even her approved comfy shoes to the curb real quick.  Apparently, even the tights came off before the night was over.  HA!







These next three were pics posted on the FB page that I grabbed real fast. LOVE THEM!




Josh says that after awhile, Anna said she just wanted to dance by herself and, man alive, did she ever. 




I have attached a few videos of the dreamy, spacey, delightful, danceyness that was Anna below. (try to tune out some of the crap music Josh said they played this year, which they hadn't done before.  Anna says she didn't even notice the words, she was just hearing the music, but I still cringe inside at some of the songs being played over a roomful of precious daughters. Ugh!)


 Finally, this fun photo reel with a surprise guest who popped in for some shots.


And that's a wrap for Daddy Daughter Dance 2017.  Only two more years til Lasa can join the party!

6 comments:

Emily said...

oh. my. heavens. those videos are PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol!!!! hahahaha!! I am so tickled watching her let loose! That was just too much. I can't wait for her to see those when she's 20!!!!!!! hahahahahaha

Kimberly said...

I can tell she took my advice to notice dance moves others are doing and try some herself. 😉

Kimberly said...

Ok, I just watched them all again and my eyes are tearing up with sweet amusement at her sweet moves. Kids are so much fun!!

Elizabeth Bradley said...

This is such a fun tradition! Anna is so pretty and grown up in her dress (such a cute choice!). The videos didn't play for me - perhaps because of my location? - but I can imagine the fun she was having. :-)

Kimberly said...

Thanks! Maybe try another time? Several times, my computer took a little bit to load ... which was annoying.

Kimberly said...

Post has been updated to add pics I found online on the event page. Pics with Josh in dancing action with his Dancing Queen. YAY!