Aug 18, 2013

Is It Tuesday Yet?

My baby love cannot wait til Tuesday.  She's been asking every day last week how much longer til Tuesday.  Just now as we were talking about the highly anticipated day being only one day away she said, "You can bet I am gonna wear my Tuesday underwear!"

What makes Tuesday so exciting for my love, you ask?  I'll give you a clue:  She gets to don this bad boy again!


Our Anna-girl heads off to Pre-K this week!  Bless their hearts; that Treasure Creek staff doesn't know what's about to hit them.  Anna's teacher, Mrs. Kelly, has a cute little lesson plan schedule for next week that presents the letter A and the number 1 and the color red.  For my girl who is already reading and using words like saline and laminate and habitat and lake of fire (insert head shake again) and skip counting with her brother and is a seasoned little artist in her own right, the letter A, the number 1 and the color red will be but child's play. Ha! Still, her type A little heart will love having a place to go that is all her own and scheduled and social and headed up with a real-live teacher that she is likely to usurp in no time. :}

Come on, Tuesday!  Anna's ready to go!

4 comments:

Emily said...

why aren't you homeschooling her?! What fun for her. "something to call her own" - so sweet!

Kimberly said...

We thought about it and decided it would be best if I tackled one new giant thing at a time. :}

Elizabeth Bradley said...

I love that your little miss uses such big words... she's a girl after your own heart for sure. And I am most certainly looking forward to hearing about all her PreK antics! :-)

Kimberly said...

Seriously though ... she uses so many words that shock me. I can't even keep up. There were three just yesterday afternoon and I have already forgotten then since I didn't have anything to write them down with. Doh! I knew I would forget and I am kicking myself.