Aug 23, 2013

How This Week Killed Me

This week flat-out kicked my butt.

As if trying new churches and schooling Noah and keeping up with family errands and chores and meals isn't job enough, I (we) also had the added excitement of Anna's first week of pre-k, my first day at a new-to-me women's bible study, and Noah's first day participating in a local homeschool co-op. We worked in another round of Noah's shots, dinner out one night, a consignment pre-sale, meeting up with our Lunch Bunch friends, baseball practice, tracking down Noah's soon-to-be new speech teacher, and finalizing plans for Anna's birthday party coming up next month and getting those invites in the mail. We cancelled my phone and tablet and transferred me over to an iPhone finally and that in itself has rocked my little world. Noah, bless his heart, finally has a loose tooth and we just have to talk about and/or wiggle it all the time.  :} Josh has been swamped at work and having to stay late every day and comes home worn the heck out.

So, it has been a hectic weak to say the least.  And hectic is not how Kimmie thrives. As a result, I haven't rocked the dinner scene and over half our harvester ants have died. We gave up on ever getting to the Wilson County Fair that we were looking forward to taking the kids to. And I keep having to turn down invites for things because we are so busy and that just makes me feel bad. I am stressed to the max and that landed me back at the chiro today begging for mercy from my tightly wound shoulders/neck and unrelenting migraines.

SO.  All that to say, I am ready for the weekend.

Also, I think we might drop the homeschool co-op from our weekly line-up.  I don't know - jury is still out.  Josh says drop it; I worry about hurting their feelings by quitting so soon.  I wasn't real impressed with how it went down and, as a result, don't really think it's worth juggling school/my sanity around another day away from home. But I find myself stressing already about how to break the news to the director and/or let her down. :(  I just don't know.  We shall see!

1 comment:

Emily said...

you don't need to "let them down" just quit showing up...I mean you did only go once...it's not like you are committed. I'll bet you're more worried about quitting the co-op than they are. :) We need another call soon....I want to hear about all your stressful activities !!!!!! :) haha....makes me feel a little more normal :)