Jan 23, 2013

Browns + Guitars

We have a new interest around here.  Nashville has officially invaded our home.  It started with a little girl's dreamy wish for a pink guitar. 


The day she brought it home, Josh sat right down after work strumming on it and figuring out a couple tunes.  It appeared he was hooked.  This was confirmed when he dug out an old banjo to jam along with the girl and her new quitar.


Josh continued to play on Anna's guitar until he finally admitted it was too small for his hands and he might could be interested in getting one his own size.  I happened to mention my amusement at his playing a little girl's guitar to a friend of mine when she offered up hers for Josh to borrow.  Thanks, Cindy!


And the rest has been history.  Josh plays every night.  He says his fingers really hurt now.  Shows me where he will have to develop calluses in order for it to not hurt.  He's even broken a string, bought replacement strings, and learned to fix it.  I can hear him upstairs practicing different notes again right now as I type.  

I kinda dig it.  The sound of the strums and notes is very soothing.  Looks like we'll have to buy him his very own big boy guitar after all.    So he and Noah don't have to keep sporting Anna's pink.


And - how cute is that little pink guitar strap?   We just got that today.  :)  I think next up will be a guitar stand.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

For some reason I didn't get an email notification about this blog post. I was wondering how the guitar-playing was going.

If you dip your fingertips in rubbing alcohol or vinegar a couple times per day it helps build the calluses faster.

Kimberly said...

Hmmmm, that's strange! (the missing notification, not the callus tip)

And thanks for the tip, too!