Jan 20, 2013

A Delightful Day

This weekend, some good friends and I were given a precious 24 hours away from home together to celebrate a birthday.  Cindy, Kristin, Susie, and I met up yesterday under a sunny blue sky and perfectly cool weather and enjoyed lunch at the Chocolate Covered Strawberry.  Yum!  Then we beelined for Opry Mills for 3 hours of shopping.  I forgot how wonderful it can be to just wander and linger without rush or interruption.  It was glorious and the goodies I snagged for clearance prices were just the icing on the cake.  When we were done there, we headed into Nashville where Cindy's hubby booked us a free hotel room for the night.  We checked in and then promptly made our way to a delicious dinner at a mexican restaurant I have been wanting to try for awhile:  Chuy's. Yum again! Fun note, I finally tried my first ever margarita. It was pretty, fruity, and slushy. :) And of course, yummy.


After dinner, we strolled outside a bit and then headed back to the hotel for coffee and dessert and a dip in the pool.  After all this lovely leisure, we just hung out at the room and then slept in in the morning.  Before heading home we dined out again at a Nashville must-see restaurant:  Noshville.  Yum some more!


Thanks go to Cindy for allowing us all to enjoy her birthday with her.  It was such a refreshing break from normal routine.  And thanks to all the hubbies who held down their forts while mommies were away. :) 

7 comments:

Elizabeth Bradley said...

This looks like so much fun. I'm happy for you (and a bit jealous) that you have fun friends to do fun things like this with! Was just thinking about you guys today because a good friend is moving to Nashville soon... it made me wonder if we'll try to make it up that way next time we're home and if so, I would certainly want to see you guys - and visit some of the fun places you blog about!

Amy Faye Brown said...

Sounds like fun! Glad you were able to getaway with friends and a free hotel room to boot!

Emily said...

what stinking fun!!!! I"m so jealous! But I must say, I never thought I read that you were drinkin' it up with the ladies haha! So glad you had such a fun and relaxing blast!

Kimberly said...

Remind to give you a list of all the new things I have tried lately, Emily. Not to go all Mom on ya or anything, but I may be switching over to a glass of wine at night instead of a sleeping pill... as soon as I can find a flavor I can stand. Then again, a margarita a night might do the job, too. I got sooooo sleepy.

Kimberly said...

Elizabeth ... I feel so selfish to admit how much I look forward to you coming back to the states so I can see you more. Please still be my friend, selfish ways and all. :(

Emily said...

Sounds to me like you need a rotating schedule of sleep aids...change it up every 3 month so you're body doesn't get desensitized to each one.

Wine
Ambien
Melatonin
....
WIne
Ambien
Melatonin

There you go. That's my advice :)
Gotta say, I may have the bad Diabetes gene, but Lord knows I fall asleep in a jiffy....I hate that you struggle with sleeping....I can imagine that is the most frustrating feeling to be tired and unable to sleep!

Kimberly said...

Ooooh, good sleep map. I may just do that! PS - I don't use the Ambien regularly... my dr won't give me that kind of hookup. :} But Unisom Sleep Tabs do the job, too.