Jan 30, 2013

Bits and Pieces of Stuff

  • Just bought Noah some more shoes.  Hand-me-downs from a PRESCHOOLER!  That is how little my boy is compared to most kids.  Poor thing.  Bless his heart that he hasn't noticed or isn't bothered by it.
  • The Lord has encouraged me in a very specific, personal way.  I don't want to go into it, except to just say so.  That he is just in the details and he cares and he is true and all the other stuff just doesn't matter. Thank you, Lord.
  • We, for the first time ever, actually got EVERYONE out of bed last night to take refuge in our downstairs bathroom at 3:00 a.m. this morning after our tornado alarm went off.   Learning, season by season here in TN, to fear the weather just like my husband warns me I should. :} A total of 5 tornadoes touched down in our area.  A couple just around the corners from us.  Close calls!!
  • I finished 4 books this month. 
  • We sold Noah's trundle bed via Craigslist to a family that is becoming foster parents.  LOVE that.
  • I took a pregnancy test yesterday.  There - I said it.  And, no, of course I am not pregnant.  It is ridiculous that I had to do that, because Josh has had a vasectomy and all, but there it is.  Needed to rule it out once and for all because I am very late.  I won't even try to tell you how excited Josh got by the very far-fetched wondering if I might be pregnant.  Makes me wonder if we shouldn't have done that to begin with.... or if we should start asking the Lord if we can adopt sooner than later.  Just thinking out loud.  Pretend I didn't say any of this, ok? :}
  • Consignment season is just around the corner and I hardly have anything left to sell because I have been a selling machine on GTP.
  • I miss Anna's hair.  Turns out, I am not crazy about her short hair.  Oh well.
  • Noah's speech is getting so much better.  He has really been receptive to the instruction he has been receiving about how to correctly pronounce his s's and l's.  
  • Josh already filed our tax returns and we are excited about the credit we are getting back.  Turns out, we are poor enough that we pay very few taxes at all. 
  • It is true.  There is no greater joy than knowing your children are walking with the Lord.
  • I am reading a concordance with my bible reading this year and learning such cool stuff.  Will have to dedicate several posts to that soon.  Which reminds me, I never posted my favorite verses from last year when I read the chronological Bible in HCS version.  Must get on that!
  • Nothing brings out the high-schooler in you like FB. 
  • Josh is finally going to shave his beard.  He has a special date to the Daddy-Daughter Dance next weekend and she would like him clean shaven, please and thank you. :}

1 comment:

Emily said...

bwahahahahah!!!! I laughed all the way through this post!!! We need phone call. In fact. I'm gonna try you now.

I won't lie....my heart stopped there for a second. In truth, I reread the words to make sure I saw right. But then I too, became a little let down. :( There are reversals you know :)