Nov 13, 2012

Recipe: Pumpkin Muffins

As soon as Anna and I got done groaning at the goodness of today's baking project, I snapped a pic of it for facebook, and settled down here to document on Scrapbook Brown.  I've made this before with different variations, but today I tried my hand at an accompanying glaze and it came off really well! I can't believe I haven't posted this recipe before.  It's a favorite around here and not just because it is so shockingly simple to make. Today's version was in the holiday spirit with pumpkin influences. :}

Simple Pumpkin Muffins

1 can of pure pumpkin puree
1 boxed cake mix (I used spice cake)
Options for add-ins - cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, chocolate chips, pecans, anything goes

Combine puree and cake mix. Add add-ins. Scoop batter into lined muffin tins. Bake at 350 for 15-20 mins.

Optional Glaze - While baking, make glaze by mixing confectioner's sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and just enough milk to create a thick, thick liquid consistency. Add glaze after baking.  Then add a little more after cooling. :) (Mine was still a little drippy so I applied it with a basting brush)

Duhlish!

2 comments:

Amy Faye Brown said...

Simple decadence! I've had the muffin recipe for years, but not with the glaze. Looks yummy and we'll have to try soon. Thanks for sharing!

Emily said...

mmMmmm. Sound great!