Nov 29, 2012

More Love for Mrs. Arnold

This just in!  An email...

Hey Kimberly,

I meant to email you last night and forgot.  Sorry! 

There was an incident in the bathroom yesterday with Noah and a third grader bullying him.  I caught the whole thing and took care of it, but just wanted you to be aware.  The other child asked Noah if he wanted him to beat him up. 

That child's parent was contacted and he wrote an apology letter which is coming home in Noah's folder today.  I'm not sure if Noah would have told me what happened if I had not caught the situation, so he and I talked about that being a case of bullying and he should let an adult know if it ever happened again.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Jennifer


        

To which I very emotionally responded ...

Oh my stars, Jennifer!  I am thanking the Lord that you were within earshot to pounce on that situation!  My head sort of wants to explode to picture that happening - Mommabear claws, you know.  No, Noah didn't say a thing!  Ick.  I hate that he's so mild he doesn't even understand when to speak up for himself ... to someone like that or to a teacher/parent.  We'll surely have a little chat about it at home, too.

Thank you so much.  Seriously, you would turn red with embarrassment at how much I sing your praises when school and teachers come up in conversation.  And it's stuff like this that's why.  Thanks for watching out for my little guy ... in more ways than one!

Signed, a-slightly-dizzy-with-mommabear-fury Kimberly :}

3 comments:

Amy Faye Brown said...

Yay for Noah's teacher!
We've gone through similar stuff with Aaron and were very thankful for a teacher's support.
But, please tell me that this 3rd grader received more punishment than an apology letter?!

Emily said...

OH my word. Poor Noah...to wonder what what in the world was going on in his head when that little event happened. Poor little Noah! You just never know...what he embarrassed about it? Is that why he didn't say anything? IS he still to young to feel embarrassed? Does he really know what bullying is now adn how to respond and surely how to defend him self? So many questions when someting like that happens. So thankful for the openness of the teacher. I agree with AMy...I sure hope that boys momma dealt a bit more with him...Lord knows if that was my bullying kid, he be dealt with about it...in more ways than a measley apology.

Kimberly said...

Well, here's another interesting twist to the story: Turns out, I know this kid's mom. :) She goes to our church. Funny how putting a face to an idea lessens your fury! And the thank you note really was sincere. Noah carried that note around all day, he was so (weirdly) proud of it. I'll have to post it when he gets home.

PS- i messaged the boys mom on FB and am curious to see what she'll say once she realizes who her son was picking on. Such a small world.