Nov 18, 2011

Sick Days

My word!  We can't seem to get well for more than 24 hours at a time around here! For the past couple weeks it been fever, vomiting, diarrhea, wheezing, coughing, sneezing, and snot ... and repeat and swap kiddos (Josh, too, actually) and back again.  Everyone finally was back in working order all at the same time yesterday and I thought we were good.  But today, Anna is back and grounded with a fever (though it started last night and I just didn't wanna believe it).  Don't feel sorry for us though... we make the best of sick days around here.  In the past few hours we've painted her cradle some more, broke out a new board game early that was supposed to be for Christmas, watched Tinkerbell, played tea party and lincoln logs, and are taking in Anna's first go round of Pocahontas.  She's spellbound.  She also dressed up for the occasion.


I'm the only one who has managed to NOT get sick in all these germy November days.  Famous last words though, I'm sure.  I do feel kinda queasy right now.  I hope it's just the heat I have turned on...

Funny note - even the dog was throwing up last week!

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Bless her heart, she looks so pale in that picture :-(

I hope your whole clan starts getting healthy soon, and I really hope you are not catching the evil stomach bug!!!

Emily said...

I hate that for you! But at least you really are making the best of it!
I have a nasty pink eye and sinus crud...Natalie is snotty and hacking now too....I hope it stops there.

Heather said...

SO sorry to hear about all the sickness. We feel your pain. Brooke and Nathanael have been sick all week, pink eye, terrible sore throat, tired...and Brooke threw up last night. Ugh. No fevers though and they both seem to be on the mend today. No fun being sick...or everyone in the family being sick!