Nov 30, 2011

November's Daily Thanksgiving

Nov. 1:  For Josh's job.  We are just plain spoiled-rotten to have him home so much, have him love his job, have enough income to afford my staying home with the kids.  Thank you, Lord.

Nov. 2:  For how naturally Noah has taken to reading.  Thank you, Lord.

Nov. 3:  For giving me a precious daughter when I thought I wanted another son.  Thank you, Lord.

Nov. 4:  For protection on the roads.  Oh my word, thank you, Lord.

Nov. 5:  Thank you, Lord, for the way things change!

Nov. 6:  Thank you, Lord, for your Word!  It truly is living and active and it is amazing to behold.

Nov. 7:  Not gonna lie.  I'm thankful for FB. :}

Nov. 8:  Thank you, Lord, for all the rich experiences that make up this human life!

Nov. 9:  Thank you, Lord, for your BEAUTIFUL creation.  Every day I see something amazing and altogether creative on this earth that points to a brilliant and artistic maker.

Nov. 10:  Thankful for quietness and down time.

Nov. 11:  So, so, so thankful to be an American!

Nov. 12: Thank you, Lord, for our babies.  We are having the time of our lives with them.

Nov. 13: Thankful to have landed in Gallatin, TN.  Thankful to feel like we're putting down roots. I like the feeling of a place finally being home.

Nov. 14: Thankful for the contentment I feel being a stay-at-home mom.  I didn't always feel so peaceful in this role.  Thank you, Lord, for molding my heart.

Nov. 15: Thank you, Lord, for rainy days.  Thank you for all our todays.

Nov. 16:  So thankful for my precious Ambien on the nights when my precious melatonin doesn't do the job.

Nov. 17:  Thank you, Lord, for my hubby who puts a capital H in Husband.  - Handsome, helpful, hardworking, handy, here, and hands-on with his kids.  Thank you, Lord!

Nov. 18:  Thank you, Lord, for friends and community!

Nov. 19:  Thankful for surprises.

Nov. 20: Thankful for special occasions like family visits and holidays.

Nov. 21:  Thank you, Lord, for your words on the tongues of my children.

Nov. 22:  Thankful to be home for the holiday and not traveling for hours and hours.

Nov. 23: Thankful for family who were willing to drive all those hours and hours to be in TN for the holiday.

Nov. 24: Thankful to be well stocked in the kitchen and to have dodged any last-minute mob scenes at the grocery store.  Gobble, Gobble, Y'all!

Nov. 25:  I'm thankful Noah's fever didn't start again until after Thanksgiving, I guess. : /

Nov. 26:  Thankful for my boy's precious thick curls and my girl's bright blue eyes. Smitten.

Nov. 27:  Thankful for recreational activities and the time to do them:  knitting, blogging, movies, games, crafting, outings, shopping, napping, visiting with friends and family.  It's been a GOOD holiday. :)

Nov. 28:  Thankful that the red Icee Anna spilled came out of her precious fuzzy white sweater.

Nov. 29:  Thank you, Lord, for my lovely lady friends from MOPS and Meetup.  What a difference a social life can make for a stay-at-home mom!

Nov. 30:   Still in our pj's, my snotty-nosed mini-me and I just finished making Cinnamon Pumpkin Muffins with Chocolate Chips on top.  I'm thinking about my boy at drop-off this morning who asked if I remembered to write him a note in his lunch box so he wouldn't miss me so bad.  {Sigh} Thank you, Lord, for this charmed little life that I lead.  Thank you, thank you for these days.

No comments: