Nov 5, 2011

Officially Shabby Chic

We used to have a light blue book shelf right here in Anna's room, but now there sits Anna's new shabby chic dresser.  I'm smitten by it.  We got it yesterday from a Craigslist posting and it is a perfect fit for my lil' lady's room. 


It matches her little vanity.


It complements her sweet little bed.


It just completes her room.  Love.


And speaking of love - I love how quickly I sold the shelf it replaced last night.  


I didn't even have time to add the details to the listing on Girlfriends' Trading Post on FB before I had 2 buyers  (eventually a 3rd who offered $40 for it!) jumping at it! It was picked up and paid for within two hours of my listing it! A shelf I bought for $5 at a yard sale and cleaned and painted and used for a year, I sold for $20.  Not bad, though Josh thinks we should have asked more. 

2 comments:

Amy Faye Brown said...

Cute dresser! And, I agree, $20 was way to cheap for that shelf, but, hey, at least you didn't lose any money. :)

Unknown said...

What an awesome find! I love it!!