Nov 14, 2011

Miscellaneous Taa-Daa's

Just like her momma, Anna is developing a love for all things crafty, creative, and lovely.  


She marvels at the sky with me all the time saying precious breathless things like, "Dat's amazing, Mommy!"  or "Isn't dat wuvwy (lovely)?"


Since I've taken up knitting, she's often reminding me that she can't wait til she can knit, too.  


And while I've wrapped up work on the first two squares for a prayer blanket a group of friends and I are making, Anna has pretended to participate, as well.  Josh says she sits with her hands all bunched up with imaginary needles and knits the air.  She's also put in an order with me for a scarf of her very own and she is eager to get to pick out the color all by herself.


She's had a hankering to paint her baby bed pink for awhile, so I finally pulled out some paint and some brushes/stampers and we set to work giving the cradle an upgrade of sorts.  This week, we are adding baby blue polka dots to the canvas. 


And last on our list of creative endeavors, I made this practice run of a pendant necklace so I'd be ready to teach the girls at MOPS on Monday.  Anna was my eager and wuvwy model once the glue dried.  


Taa-Daa!

2 comments:

Cindy said...

You should get her one of these http://www.amazon.com/Melissa-Doug-Lace-Trace-Pets/dp/B000O7ISY4 so that she can "sew" along with you.

Or she could do a plastic canvas kit with yarn and a plastic needle. I used to make bookmarks and things with it when I was a kid.

Kimberly said...

You know, we used to have those lacing animals and I sold them last year b/c they never used them. Guess I should have held out a little longer... Don't tell Josh. He always thinks I sell stuff too soon. :S