Jun 24, 2008

Come Lately

I think I am in a “Calm Before the Storm” set of months here – that coming storm obviously being baby labor (Oh Lord help me) and the following year of daily baby laboring. :) Throw in the move to Nashville that we are prayerfully and peacefully waiting to come our way and we should have a real hullabaloo before years end.


Until then, things are really kinda nice. Noah keeps us giggling. We’ve had a good bit of activity showing our house. I have taken on 6 plants (4 ferns, and 2 pots of salvia flowers) - I am NOT the green thumb type of girl, so this is literally, me turning over a new leaf. I am surviving the summer without my precious MMO and it is not as terrible as I thought it would be. Noah is getting his last 4 teeth and I am just so excited to see them come in. My sister had her second baby, Natalie, last weekend and we are heading over to GA to see them next week. Josh has done some really good selling at work lately even to the point of meeting his quota for the year – which is a big deal. We are going to getaway overnight for our 6 yr anniversary next month, so I am really looking forward to that. I love staying in hotels and eating out WITHOUT a toddler in tow. I am loving my new CD although I believe the CD is not all that new – One Republic. Again, thank you, Christy, for pointing me in the right direction. As you might have guessed I am reading several good books. Josh and I have gotten back into playing some games in our free time, namely Mancala and Rummikub. I do so love games…or rather, winning games. :) And the weather has been in the 80’s - who doesn’t love that? Which reminds me….Seriously, is there anyone who doesn’t love Chik-Fil-A? Seriously.

9 comments:

Emily said...

you have some seriously sporadic thoughts. Crazy girl.

Emily said...

oh and yes, I love chik-fil-a, espeically their oreo shakes and hashbrowns at breakfast. Oh and the chicken sandwich of course. Such healthy foods to love!

Alison said...

Where are you going on vacation? You know me, I pick the travel bit out over every thing else!

osh kosh baloche said...

we love rummikub too!! another great game is cribbage(card game). very cool. try not to dread labor too much kim. yeah, it's brutal...but when it's over, you start forgetting the pain almost instantly...and a few months down the road, you can't remember a thing and already want another one! :)

Anonymous said...

Definitely sounds like the calm before the storm. Enjoy it now and also that mini-getaway too! We're having a getaway this weekend without the little one and I'm so excited. You'll miss him but you need that sometimes. Especially since you're about to add a new dynamic to the mix here soon. Where are you going?

Kimberly said...

Alison and Shannon: I am almost embarrassed to admit to a traveler like Alison that we are only headed to Birmingham so as not to put out the babysitter. But I have never been around that city, so I am excited to see what's there and just get away. I'm easy to please and NOT in the mood to drive long. :)

Shana - Oh my gosh ! We LOVE Cribbage. That was our last game phase - we bought it and taught ourselves how to play...over and over again.

The White Family said...

You crack me up! So, I want to see what pregnant Kimberly looks like...post a pic!

Unknown said...

The greenery does enhance your magnificent front porch. Good choices!

Umm..thinking about Chik-fil-a makes me want a milkshake. I think I deserve a break today.

Anonymous said...

This is a late comment, but it must have been the great plants that sold the house, huh? And 'osh kosh' is right about the labor pain..it is so worth it to get to meet that little sweet baby, and it'll all be over before you know it!