Jul 7, 2008

Independence Day X 3








What a wonderful 4th of July trip we had to Warner Robins, GA to visit with my sister Emily, Lee, and Brooklyn and meet our new niece, Natalie. She is my sister’s second baby…with Brooklyn not even 2 years old yet. And I was pleasantly surprised as how easy Emily made it look to have two little ones around. Noah and Brooklyn played like long lost best friends – a point in which I do not exaggerate. They were so much fun to watch interact. And Natalie ate and slept and ate and slept some more. We adults pretty much relaxed and hung out together. What better way to spend Independence Day. Sadly we did not brave the fireworks show (they did not start until 10:30 at night!) But I included above some of the fun the kiddies had over the holiday. First, the Huntville Air Show and then off to Emily's where we played, swam, jumped and ran and squealed at Monkey Joe's which is a big indoor inflatable equipment type fun zone.

Our second mini-version of a picture of independence we enjoyed is that Noah is now officially off soy milk. There is only regular old cow’s milk in our fridge now. No hypoallergenic formula, no rice milk, no soy milk! This is 25 months in the making – this is for sure a mark of independence that we celebrated over the holiday week! Also, on another note, the baby birds on our grill on the back porch took flight while we were out of town – Praise God! I was so worried about our dog Jake eating them during their test flights out of the nest. Instead, we left him at the kennel for the week, and the timing couldn’t have been more perfect!

And finally… my favorite Independence Day event….DrumRoll Please….
We got a contract on our house!! Oh, it feels so good to have a long-awaited hope met, to breathe that sigh of relief, to witness the Lord’s faithfulness which I clung to over the last year. I never once fretted this move or the sale of this house, I prayed persistently and without doubt, and now I get to say to one and all that the Lord did what he told me he would do. And I am just so glad I did what he told me to do in the meantime…which was wait, keep praying, and not worry. Check, check, check! So signed the contract today, will have an inspection on the house in the coming week, and we are set to move to Nashville on August 27. I will be 8 months pregnant by then, but hey…I only have to pack/unpack one box at a time, right?

Video of our 4th of July Monkeyin' Around

7 comments:

The White Family said...

Your pictures are so cute! I'm glad Noah had such a great time over the holiday weekend! And, I am SO excited about your house! Congratulations! Have you found a house in TN? Moving at 8 months pregnants is not fun, but you can do it!

Gina said...

Wow--so excited for you! Congratulations on the contract! That's awesome. And, you look very cute in your pictures. :) No worries--moving will be much easier knowing it's exactly what the Lord wants. You'll do great!

Anonymous said...

What an answered prayer on the house! I'm praying for a smooth transaction for you all and a smooth move too. I assume you'll have to find a new doctor when you move to deliver the baby? All will be well. I enjoyed your 4th pics. Noah is such a sweetie.

Alison said...

If I know you, you are already packed. I know you are so ready to get out of here.

Also, that picture of Joshua and Noah on the jump zone thing is so funny - I'm so glad you posted it. I've decided that dads are just big kids.

Kimberly said...

Oh. Alison. You wound me!. It's not so much that I can't wait to get out of here...more like I can't wait to know what I am doing next...can't wait to be out of limbo.

Shannon: Yeah, got to find another doctor real quick.

Kasey: We have found exactly 26 hopefuls online and are headed up there on Thursday to see them all with our realtor. What fun! I am pretty excited to finally get to take some action on this move.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on all your new independence...wow, a lot of exciting news! God is so good, and you were so wise to wait on Him and not worry concerning the house...His timing is always perfect, and He'll be faithful in showing you just the house to buy. He was also merciful and gracious in having Noah healed of all his food allergies before Anna arrives!

Emily said...

I can't wait to see which houses you've narrowed it down to! You'll have to send the links to the website!