Jul 20, 2008

Three-Zero

I borrowed this blog title from my friend Alison because I think it is so witty, and also because today, my husband, Josh, joined the ranks of those in their thirties. Go easy on him when you see him...he is still grieving in his own way. He keeps saying "thirty" out loud with a dazed look in his eye and shaking his head like it can't be real. :) To mark the occasion for his birthday and our 6 year anniversary a week from today, I have compiled a list (surprise, surprise) of some little-known trivia about my husband, of whom I am so proud.

Joshua on his 30th Birthday:

Never goes without shoes and socks…Never.

Sleeps so hard he doesn’t hear earthquakes or crashes in the house

Is not lazy

Is not selfish

Is VERY handy around the house (and helpful as well)

Is going deaf … medical confirmation still pending :)

Is a woodworker

Likes Bluegrass Music

Used to have a lawn business

Used to lead worship

Used to teach 3rd grade

Proposed after we dated only 4 months

Cleans the bathrooms

Plays World of Warcraft (although he is on a hiatus at the moment)

Drives Noah on the 4 wheeler, builds a LOT of towers with him, gives him all his baths

Changes diapers dutifully

Likes selling stuff

Sings and plays piano (Piano Man is my favorite of his songs)

Takes more showers than I do

Will have a zillion windows/sites open when he is online

Reads on the front porch a lot lately

Talks to himself

Follows stocks, investments, and money matters closely

Makes balloon animals

Is afraid of being outside while it is lightening

Brings me and Noah treats and surprises when he gets home from a trip

10 comments:

Alison said...

I totally thought he was 29 today!! I didn't realize we were the same age for some reason - sorry! Happy Birthday Joshua! Why don't you be a little crazy today and wear some flip flops :).

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Josh! Join the club of being 30! Being 30 isn't as tragic as I thought it'd be (wink). Kim, that is a great list! I was impressed that he gives Noah all his baths!

Emily said...

oh my goodness. I so didn't know Josh was afraid of lightning...how cute!

Kimberly said...

Emily - Josh insists that in his defense I remind you that he grew up in the lightening capital of the world and that he has a healthy respect of lightening is all. :)

Alison - I was giggling out loud at the flip flops shout out. :)

Shannon - all the baths when he is in town at least...which is more and more lately...and will become even more with the move. :)

Emily said...

riiiiight! Tell Josh, he's not in the lightning capital anymore..."healthy respect" means to me that he would be scared silly being caught outside with lightning! I can picture him now...screaming all high pitched and taking cover in some form of shelter...haha.

Amy Faye Brown said...

Here's something you can add to your list. He wasn't always such a yuppy!
Reading your list about him reminded me why he's one of my favorite brothers-in-law.

30 isn't bad. It's 33 which I will be tomorrow.

Heather said...

That list was awesome. When Mark turned 30 I bought a tiny cake and 30 candles. lol Please tell Josh I said Happy Birthday! On a side note, you two are way too cute together! :)

Gina said...

Happy birthday, Josh! We're really glad you are part of our lives and part of this world. You make it a better place!

Thanks for the list, Kim--that was fun. :)

Anonymous said...

Okay, I see that I'm the senior citizen of this blog...being 47 and NOT going on 50 as some of my kids like to say! Wow, 30 was a long time ago...happy birthday, Josh. Didn't know your birthday was so close to Brooklyn's...we'll stick a candle in a cupcake and sing happy birthday to you, too!

The White Family said...

I'm a little behind on my blog reading, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOSH!!! As for the first trivia tidbit - I totally forgot about the no bare-feet! Whatever happened to those flip-flops we tried to get him to wear!?!