Apr 3, 2014

Watch Out, Wimbledon!

Noah was insistent that he would rather play tennis this spring than baseball, so we got him to his first lesson this week that will be followed by seven more this month.  It was really fun to get out 

 

in the gorgeous weather we were having.


Noah THOROUGHLY enjoyed his first practice.  

  

 

 



 

Anna did what she did during baseball season - got lost in her happy place out in the grass,


 


stopping every once in a while to cheer him on.
"Good job, Noah!" she'd call out.


I chuckled later that night imagining myself the mom of a very successful tennis pro one day.  I fully plan to do the proud momma interviews and reveal the prophetic street address we lived at (167 Wimbledon Ct.) back when Noah participated in his first ever tennis lesson at the tender age of 7.  Mark my words.


Watch out Wimbledon Tournament!  Noah's momma has you in mind for him already. Ha!

4 comments:

Emily said...

bwahahahaah!!!! That's how I feel about Brooklyn's art and Natalie's gymnastics….we're SUCH moms!!

Kimberly said...

Hee, hee, hee. That's probably why I struggled with letting him take a break from baseball ... 'But, but, but... what about your pro baseball career?!' Ha!

Emily said...

I know, right?!!! That's what I'm dealing with Lee over regarding gymnastics. I want her to be able to progress to team gymnastics that her current class is grooming them for…but Lee's all "what are trying to do here…she's not going to be an Olympic gymnast." If it coincides with GA's at church on wednesdays, i think she should do Ga's.
Uhhhhhhhh! BUT but but…her college gymnastics scholarship!!!!…….

Kimberly said...

Truth? I totally side with Lee on this topic when all is said and done. We will sacrifice anything (including sports and activities) that start to take a toll on family life. We gotta have peace first!