Apr 27, 2014

Easter 2014

We took to the highway to get ourselves south for Easter again this year, landing at my sister's on a cold and rainy weekend.  I swear Warner Robins is usually like FL in terms of heat, but not this trip!  So much for the swimsuits I packed!  So we made do with the good company and one shining afternoon outside instead.  It was a sweet visit as always, not counting how my sister and I irritated the fire out of each other. :} Sisterhood is a fine, fine balance of family, friendship, and catfights.  Ha! Anyway, take a gander at a few Easter moments we shared ...

Dying eggs again.



 

Just before heading out to a Saturday night Easter service.  We ended up with only silly outtakes somehow ... that I LOVE!




This will just have to do. Cousins are the best!


Easter Bunny's 2014 efforts.  Not too shabby.


Brooklyn introduced Anna (and me) to the world of bracelet looming.


Boy cousin bonding via gaming, of course. :}


Trying out Brooklyn's new tennis racket.


Spellbound by the Easter episode of Superbook, which they watched more than once. 



Just can't quite get the syncopation down.


So Uncle Lee gave her some tips/comic relief.


Sunday morning Easter egg hunt.

 






The egg-huntin' pressure always seems to get to us.  Ha!




The kids, and I use the term kids loosely, enjoyed having the egg hunt at a park this year as opposed to the back yard.


It has been forever since I have seen a merry-go-round!  


Another fun group shot. ♥


These 5 were in their own orbit all weekend.  They share such sweet and fun fellowship  when we get them all together.  Takes me back to playing with my own cousins as a child.
 





Then, just for kicks, we let Emily back up into our car bright and early Monday morning. Ahhh, memories.  So we killed some time at Monkey Joe's and a nearby pizzaria while the car got some new struts.  :S  


I grieved for the amount of money Emily paid for the repairs, but she tells me that's what emergency funds are for so I will try to believe her and let it go.  I will also try not to return the favor when they are parked in our driveway come September.  :)  Looking forward to Labor Day and having the Talmadges on our turf again.

1 comment:

Emily said...

bwahaha! "we let Emily back up into our car" LET. Oy…I'll never forget the sounds…and awe at the LACK of obvious evidence left after that loud "dthumpb"
oy… and for the record. yes it's what emergency fund is for…but not exactly for THAT….more for broken dishwashers/washing machines, etc….so here's to hoping we can bump that money back up for when the HOME emergencies happen :) ha! I still grieve anyway…all I had to do was Look behind me!! uhhhhh… but thankful yours and Josh's response wasn't all irritated and frustrated for the setback in traveling home. So thanks for your understanding there! :)