Apr 5, 2014

Self-Talk Tips

One of the things I was challenged by when reading through Unglued by Lysa TerKeurst again is her guidance on how to confront and control our otherwise runaway thoughts.  Which is why when I spotted this anchor chart for the classroom setting, my soul was singing in agreement with this practice again.  Just wanted to save it here for future reference ... not just for my kiddos, but for me, too.  

Originally is was created by teachers at an elementary school to support their Growth Mindset goals for their students.  The goal for this particular chart was Optimism. What I see in the right hand column is so much of what is taught in scripture about taking every thought captive and training ourselves in truth and righteousness. 


I am gonna see if I can't locate the verses that recommend these practices for each line actually.  Because that is just how Type A I am.  Can't help it!

No comments: