Apr 30, 2014

Chima Cake: Made to Order

I cleared my schedule for the ENTIRE DAY so I could tackle another birthday cake on my own without distraction or stress.  I got a head start last night practicing letters with candy melts and they turned out ok by me; not to mention that it saves me the money I spent on fondant that I can now return. :D  



Then bright and early this morning I baked the cake layers and iced it whilst overseeing Noah's reading and science work.   I had to bat Anna away a couple times because apparently she "could not resist the sweet icing."  Then once I got into the detailed piping and leaf making, I set her and her brother down with a bowl and spoons to scrape up all the leftover sweetness.  That got me about 15 minutes without interruption whereby I completed my Lego Chima masterpiece.  


Noah was bouncing all over the kitchen at getting to feast his eyes on his finished cake.  He said, and I quote, "It's exactly like I wanted it to be!!"  I call that a success!

Fingers crossed that nothing shifts between now and when he has his slew of buddies over after co-op tomorrow. I slipped it into the fridge just in case that might help.  I better go lay hands on it and pray over it, too. :}  Anyway, Phew!  Glad that's done.

4 comments:

Amy Faye Brown said...

And, mama of the year goes too.....


Can't believe eight years have gone by already! Can't wait to see this grown-up fella!

Kimberly said...

Not me! Mama of the year would have invited her kids to take part in the making of it. I was a control freak about it ... and I was on the edge, man. On the edge, still. Ha!

Emily said...

WOW!!! NICE JOB MOMMA!

Kimberly said...

Thaaaaanks!