Mar 1, 2014

Fired Up!

Good friends from iMom and I got together last Friday night to get outta town and paint some pottery at a shop called Fired Up.  I had been waiting forever to get to go and was so excited!  We had such a sweet time around that table - gabbing, snacking, laughing, and of course, painting.  After this, we took in a leisurely (and late) dinner at Red Robin. 


Anyway, as for the painting part, I worked on a dish for fruit that I keep in the middle of the kitchen table day in and day out - usually for grapes.  After a week's wait, Karla picked all our pieces up yesterday and I was at her house with bells on this morning to get my hands on mine. 


Turned out ok, I think!  I really like it. :}  On the back, I painted the word - Eat.  I am looking forward to going back with Anna and some of her buds one day.  Becky did a teapot for the purpose of displaying flowers and that is JUST the sort of thing Anna would love to do.

4 comments:

Emily said...

So simple and So nice!!! I wish I had your creativity. I painted a bowl for me last October, and I'm a little embarrassed by it….So I never use it.

You have such neat ideas.

Kimberly said...

It took a LOT of restraint to not pick a pattern or plan that involved much more painting. :}

Adrian said...

Yay! I LOVE Fired Up :) Our iMom table is actually going in a couple of weeks...can't wait!

Kimberly said...

Word to the wise, Adrian - Google pottery painting ideas BEFORE you go or you end up overwhelmed by all the pieces and stencils and colors once you get there. I tell myself everytime to plan ahead and I never do. But next time, I really, really will. Ha!