Mar 6, 2014

Anna's Art Factory

Anna is busy as ever on her art and notes on a day-to-day basis.  She is in the details and will spend much time finishing up her work which always amazes me because she is otherwise a VERY distractible little girl.  I love that she loves her projects! I love how she applies herself.


The girl has literally taught herself to write.  I adore each new note we get and pat myself on the back for getting so good at reading her invented spellings.  This one is a card she gave me weeks ago to hold onto until my upcoming birthday.  It says, "To Kimberly, From a girl very special to you, Happy Birthday." I even love her stamp.  I meant it when I said she is in the details!


Here she put our address - 167 Wimbledon Ct. Gallatin Tennessee.  And for some reason she added the following instruction to "shine bright and beautiful."  Entirely precious!


A note she wrote for her daddy one day:  I love you because you always help me feel better and kiss me goodnight, daddy. On Father's Day.  Love." And on the right she says, "Who is it for?  To Daddy." 



In February, Josh read-aloud to Noah and Anna the first book of Harry Potter and they would watch the corresponding movie scenes after every few chapters.  The kids were ALL about it and it has been really exciting for them to share with him.  After finishing the first book last week, Anna created a picture book companion of her own, complete with captions and binding (tape.  lots of tape).

Harry Potter.  
Her caption at the bottom blew my mind.  It says, "Illustrated by Anna."  Yes, the child used the word ILLUSTRATED.  Word list of other words she impresses me with coming soon.


Ron Weasley.


Invisibility Cloak.


Magic Hat.  And then she attempted to write out a spell, bless her heart.  "Wingardium leviosa."


My personal favorite - Hagrid.


Harry's glasses and wand.  The end. ♥


This little masterpiece she completed while Noah and I did school on Monday.  I realize I am biased as her proud mother, but her curly-q writing impressed me, too.  "God's love to you.  He is the holy King."


And her latest work of art ... from yesterday.  Princess Diamond.  
Her attached post-in note reads, "Diamond loves things that have diamonds on it and she loves things that ?????"  I will have to have her help me on that last word.  Be back with the correction later on today.


Noah, close to 8 years old, still draws people with heads and legs only, so Anna's fully proportioned bodies and details down to the painted fingernails and belts and crowns and shoes and all always cause me to heave a giant sigh of relief.  Just sayin'. 

3 comments:

Emily said...

wow!!! Put that girl in some Art Lessons!!!! She will fly doing that.

Kimberly said...

Right? She is so like Brooklyn to me.

Emily said...

I actually almost said that.. So mature, regimented, self led. :) Sweet girls.