Feb 2, 2013

Just Enough Snow

The last time we had a real, REAL snow was two years ago in January.  Things were very different for us then.  Anna was only 2, Josh was still with Pearson and, as usual, was gone on a trip.  We have hoped and hoped for snow ever since so that Daddy could get out in it and play hard with the kids because you know Mommy wasn't/isn't the type for getting cold and wet and  messy and all.  I mostly took pictures of Noah and his buds in the last snowfall and a few of Anna standing at her tub of snow with a spoon (or six) in hand because she was too unsteady on her feet to actually get out and play in it all.

I worry these little years the kids are in are gonna pass us by without another heavy snowfall.  That makes me sad a little.  Anna wants so badly to experience some snow play; she doesn't even remember that last time.  Which is why when big, fat flakes started falling and just barely accumulating this morning, Josh and the kids were all bundled up and outside in no time.  There were out there before I was even out of bed!

It didn't stick much and it certainly didn't last long, but it was just enough to make my lovies grin.  


It was just enough to get me out of bed to capture the moment before it passed/melted away.


It was just enough snow to grab and hold in your hand, which counts for something around here!


It was just enough to warrant
hats and gloves and snow boots and Daddy!


I bet this snow was the best we'll get this year, but Josh holds out hope that February will bring us more. I hope he's right!  We have two sleds that are two yrs old that have yet to get a single use!
C'mon, winter! Show us what you got before you go!

5 comments:

Cindy said...

Even though I hate cold/snow, I agree with you that I'd love my kids to have another chance to play with it. 2 years ago I was "great with child" and had a very hard time building snowmen with Claire, and of course James was gone to work. We also have 2 new sleds waiting to be used.

Amy Faye Brown said...

Looks like so much fun! Clayton is getting pummeled with snow this weekend. Really makes me wish we were there.
(and, btw, I walked into the den last Saturday night and about had a heart attack because sitting in the recliner was a clean-shaven man. Hadn't seen his full face in a couple years!)

Kimberly said...

WOW! A couple years, huh?

Emily said...

I could eat up that little sassy, "I'm too cool playing in the snow with all my pink on and strollin' along the road"

eat. her. up.

I think she's getting to be as tall as Noah...right?

Kimberly said...

Not quite, but almost as tall as Noah. She's a 4T in height. He's a 5T/5. : /