Feb 5, 2013

I Do So Love Adoption

Last April, a friend mine with whom I used to teach in GA, Krissie, asked if I would mind helping out a friend of hers who was looking to adopt domestically - share our story, tips, advice, resources, etc. In true Kimmie fashion, I eagerly said sure because I do so love adoption. :)  I probably overwhelmed the poor girl with all the gabbing I did and the length of my responses to her questions.  I do know that she used the agency in GA that I recommended because they were so helpful to us when we adopted Noah.  Over the next nine months, Krissie's friend and I dialogued intermittently via email.  And sure enough, I was thrilled to hear in December that their adoption journey was meeting its wonderful, long-awaited end when this family was on their way across the country to be there when their precious girl was being born.  Then, last month I got this email from the new mom herself and it made my day.  Felt like keeping it here on the blog, too, because it makes me grin so. 
I wanted to let you know we adopted our daughter, Lily Rae, in December.  She was born in Utah on 12/12/12.  We received a phone call on Thursday, we flew out on Tuesday and she was born on Wednesday.  She is amazing and she has brought joy to so many people.  Thanks for your support and allowing us access to your blog!
Tickled pink to have been any help at all!  And a wee bit jealous we aren't adopting again already. :}  Anna is requesting a sister.  And a brother for Noah.  :} 

2 comments:

Emily said...

how wonderful! Sounds like you're starting to get pulled into the "baby/kid fever" again :) GO FOR IT!!!!!! WE want another NEICE or NEPHEW TOO!!! BOTH!!!! :) Get a brother/sister pair, that would be awesome!

The Robinsons said...

I love it! I didn't realize Kim had been following your blog. Thanks for all of your help! Lily is a lucky little girl to have Kim and Justin as parents. :)