Feb 23, 2013

Didn't See All This Coming

I crossed a line today; I stepped another inch closer to granola.  I made my first ever batch of homemade laundry detergent!


And speaking of things I never thought would be my thing, here is a list of stuff I didn't see myself doing back when I knew it all as a young adult. :}

Having babies.
Being a stay-at-home mom.
Blogging.
Couponing.
Facebook.
Menu Planning and Bargain Shopping.
Gardening.
Knitting.
Going to a chiropractor.
Putting a child of mine through regular allergy shots.
HOME SCHOOLING!
Planning to be a foster parent.
And now, Making Homemade Laundry Detergent.
{Sigh} and {Grin}

I just know 21 yr old me would have laughed at the idea of who 33 yr old me has become.  But you know what else, 33 yr old me is laughing right back at that proud, foolish, selfish, naive 21 year old me, too.  So there!

5 comments:

Amy Faye Brown said...

Ha! Can't we all relate?
All through high school I heard "Amy, you need to be a teacher. Amy, Teach!" Amy said, "NO WAY!" Guess what Amy is preparing to do now at age 37?

And I wonder where my daughter gets her stubborn/defiant streak?

Hope you enjoy your laundry detergent!

Elizabeth Bradley said...

So curious to know how you like your laundry detergent. I've contemplated making it myself too, but then decided I'd wait awhile since I'm not too sure how it will work for cloth diapers.

I loved reading your list of stuff you didn't see yourself doing... and found it amusing that "going to a chiropractor" made the list. :-)

Emily said...

yeah!!!! You stinking tell that 21 year old self! hahahaha. YOu crack me up!

Cindy said...

So how do you like your homemade laundry detergent? Is it a lot better than the store-bought stuff?

Kimberly said...

I am still forming an opinion. So far, I haven't noticed a negative difference. There is less fragrance, though, so I recently added a little more Fels Naptha to my concoction. I was suspecting I didn't have enough in it anyway.