Feb 11, 2013

BUSY Weekend!

I always enjoy Fridays.  I make a run to Hville with my girl for her gym class and also take care of a few errands while in the area.  And the timing is just right that I am not in a hurry to get back for pickup after school.  This past Friday, we even got to share another Steak 'N Shake lunch with some friends, Amber and PerryLove...


 and their kiddos, Landon and EmmaLove.


On this particular Friday, EmmaLove got to come home and play with Anna for a bit while her momma got some errands done, as well.  It was princess and make-up play all the way!  On the ride to pick up Noah and Claire, I was the coachman for Princess Sofia (anna) and Princess Amber (emmalove).  I grinned at the packed car.  What sweet treats to get to spend time with, no?


Friday night, I made my way to Bunco with a bunch of other girls, but somehow managed to not even THINK of getting a picture of the night.  :S  I came home to find a lovely Valentine bouquet and cards for me and the kids on the table from Josh ... which I also forgot to take a picture of. :(

Saturday we went kitchen table shopping and finally found something at our 6th furniture stop along the way. I don't know which was the best part ... finding something we liked or surviving the outing with the kids in tow. That night was Anna and Josh's big event for Valentines Day - the Daddy Daughter Dance.  Noah and I stayed home and took care of a little holiday business, too - Angry Birds valentines for his classmates.


Sunday, after church, we gave away our trampoline to some friends (which turned into quite a fiasco in the rain) and we also sold our kitchen table.  That, as always, was a wonderful purging of stuff. :)  Not to mention I also dropped off what kids' clothes I had left to sell at a consignment sale over the weekend, too.

I also got to attend a Momentum women's conference Sunday afternoon/evening at Long Hollow with 1000 other women.  I went with several good friends - Melissa, Cindy, and Susie.


I especially loved hearing from the guest speaker, Angie Smith!  Had some really great takeaways from what she shared - my favorite being  when she pointed out in the Abraham/Isaac story the significance of the difference between the promised lamb and the actual ram found for the sacrifice.  How have I never noticed that before?  Actually, I think I did notice it, just didn't realize the significance.  So interesting ... and comforting!

I got back late last night and then had to wind down for an hour or so, so I didn't get to bed til almost midnight and was up again by 6 and have been go, go, going around the house all morning - laundry, dinner, blogging, playing, selling more gear.  Anna and I are about to head over to Noah's school to surprise him for lunch.  And I even finished up an inpromptu craft at my girl's request.  A tutu for her baby doll.  Not too shabby!

No comments: