Feb 23, 2012

Weather Chat

Growing up in the military, I have lived ALL over this country and even a little out of the country.  I have seen many landscapes, people, cultures, trends, and of course, weather.  This morning when I took Noah to school in some more wild fog, I started listing in my head some weather trends that have stood out to surprise me in my last several, and I do mean several, homes.  I think I'll just start with high school and move on from there...

San Antonio, Texas - You wanna talk about heat?  It is so hot there it would literally suck the air out of your body when you stepped outside.  Miserably dry heat.  HEAT.

Medford Lakes, New Jersey - Do I even need to say it?  Ummmm, Snow.

Lynchburg, Virginia - I think VA'ns think VA is part of the south, but I'd have to disagree.  It's just not hot enough there for that.  Such a nice locale though.  I loved how distinct all four seasons came and went.  Perfect blend of all weather types.

Atlanta, Georgia - Easily, the biggest weather surprise for me there was how stinking humid it is!  It is a very different sort of heat when you add that much water to the air!  Yikes.  I was pretty miserable during GA summers.

Huntsville, Alabama - I was most surprised by how windy that area is.  Did not see that coming.  Lots of wind.

Nashville, Tennessee - As I said above, the fog.  The thick fog here is dangerous!  I have never seen fog like we get here in the valley.  Love it, yes, but learning to fret in it a little as well.  Oh yeah, I didn't learn to fear thunderstorms until the tornado action they also get here.  I am learning to respect the weather now ... a quality I am sure Josh much appreciates. :}

3 comments:

Amy Faye Brown said...

Interesting...have only lived in two different regions - south Florida and her panhandle - and weather is very different in these two areas of the same state. Be careful in that fog!

Emily said...

I don't like driving in the fog either. I feel like an old 80 yr old woman driving in it....can't see, barely pressing the gas. But thankfully our fog lifts by mid morning.

Kimberly said...

You ever heard of a little something called "freezing fog"?