Feb 19, 2012

New Purse, New Day

I am really choosy about my purses.  When I find one I love, I run it into the ground with use before I move on to hunting down a new one.  It takes me awhile to find what I know will work for me (and the kids).  But recently, on a whim, I bid on my first high-end name brand purse on eBay.  I am sure it's GTP's fault, but I have Coach on the brain.  Sadly, I got outbid pretty quickly.  So I bid on another and another and both times got outbid again. Those Coach bags don't go cheap, even at secondhand prices. Yikes!  But then, I found this gem and entered the starting bid with pretty low expectations that I'd win. 


I stalked the listing each day, multiple times a day and to my surprise and great luck, no one ever bid over me. I couldn't believe it. I got this bad boy for $30 and I am so pleased with it.  I was sad, yes, to unload my pink Liz Claiborne purse that I am quite attached to, but I know I'll see her again soon.  Until then, I'm taking a spin in a new fancy-pants bag and I love her already.  Now I just need an excuse to go somewhere...  Looks like tomorrow's play dates will have to do. :} Wish us luck on my new purse test drive!

5 comments:

Amy Faye Brown said...

Nice! I've been on the lookout for a new one for awhile and had not said anything. JM surprised me with one for vday. It is perfect....green leather crossbody...no namebrand. Love yours...great size and it's coach!

Kimberly said...

Picture, please! What fun! Go JM!

Emily said...

nice :) I've been needing a new purse too. Maybe I'll get one soon... :) Like you, I can't find one that I love that will also get me all year round too.

Unknown said...

GO Kimmie! Love the purse. A durable, functional and cute purse is essential. I put a lot of thought into each one. I bought an adorable purse in the fall that I LOVED. To my dismay the handle broke clean off while I was in Target with the kids. I whipped that cart around and went looking for a new purse...the first time I didin't feel guilty buying myself something new:-) I mean it broke and I couldn't dare walk another step with a broken purse. HA! I found one that is working out ok but I will be hunting for a new one for Spring.

Kimberly said...

What fun! Spring purses. I got one of those this week, too, though smaller. Coach as well ... for FIFTEEN dollars. I practically stole it from the lady!