Feb 14, 2012

Real Valentines

Yes, indeed - my hubby got me valentines - flowers and sweets and a card for today.  And in true Brown family tradition, he gave it all early along with the kids' valentines gifts this weekend; we do so love treats by surprise around here. But, honestly, I love the real valentines Josh delivers all year long way more - patience, selflessness, thoughtfulness, helpfulness, support, time, faithfulness, commitment, love, gentleness, attention.  These real valentines show up all the time in things like how...
  • He makes it such a priority to be with us. He is very protective of our time together.
  • He calls home from work often just to see how our day is going. :)
  • He makes Noah's lunch for me sometimes.  It sits ready and waiting for us when we get up in the morning.
  • He doesn't mind that I turn the light on to read in bed while he's sleeping.
  • He never gets mad!  I think I can count on one hand how many times he's ever gotten mad. In 10 years!
  • He does both kids' bedtimes every night.  And he loves it.
  • He is always willing to stop at the grocery store on the way home from work.  I keep waiting for him to complain when I ask him to go again, but he just doesn't. Usually, he is the one offering to stop off!
  • He is so awesome at his job.  As always, he has a fan club there already because he is just such a great guy and a great worker and a great help.  I am so proud that he is mine.
  • He doesn't get mad when I repeatedly interrupt a show he is watching.  He just pauses it and listens and then pauses it again when I pipe back up.  Never impatient.
  • He takes care of my honey-do lists. 
  • He lets me be a remote-control hog.
  • He's become a fan of my considering homeschooling. He's been doing his own research about it, too.
  • Even ten years into our marriage, he still doesn't mind making phone calls for me that I don't like to make.
I married a good one, I keep realizing.  I thank the Lord for him all the time.  Love my Josh!  So it goes without saying that we are having a Happy Valentine's Day.  And it goes without saying that we wish the same to you!  Happy V-Day, all. :)

PS - How precious is this picture I took of my valentine last night?

3 comments:

Heather said...

What a great Valentine! What a perfect fit for you Kimmie. I can totally see Josh in Anna in that picture too...similar profiles. Too cute.

Emily said...

our men are very similar...especially your number 1...and stopping after work to grocery shop for me. And the patience....etc. We DO have great men! :)

Unknown said...

How sweet! Even without knowing Josh too well, I have never doubted that he was meant for you. I interact with a few wives at work and such that constantly complain about their husbands not helping with the kids or regular errands. I'm always feeling blessed because Robbie does soooo much to help out and does it with the best attitude (which is key). :-)