Sep 30, 2008

Post Pregnancy Post :)

Taa Daaaaa!! Here is the Hunstville Hospital Web Nursery Pic. Not too shabby, I say. Just enter in Sept. 25 , and then select my name from the list. So cute.

Alright then, let's all breathe a uniform sigh of relief... my worst fears were not realized. Having a baby did NOT kill me. Freaked me out something fierce, but I safely arrived on the other side and am awash with relief that it is all over now, at how much better it was than I expected, and with how happy I am to have my baby girl.

Here is a brief synopsis of how things went: After checking into the hospital last Wed. for the scheduled induction, the nurses could not determine Anna's pelvic station. They did an ultrasound and confirmed what I had a hunch about for months and months - that Anna's hard little head was still sitting under my right rib instead of having dropped down in preparation for labor. Being a breech baby, they quickly changed the birth plan to c-section (thank you very much) for the following morning. And well, saving all the details that make up the c-section, that is exactly what we did. The only surprise was finding out WHY Anna was breech. Turned out that my uterus is heart shaped and Anna was stuck on her side of that heart - which is kinda cute, don't you think? Josh details that the uterus was , in fact, NOT cute. He got a good eyeful, compliments of my doctor, and posted about that on his blog. Anyway, like I said, I survived. We all survived. It was quite a surreal experience to sum it up, though.


Anna (aka Nanna according to Noah) has been a really good baby - much like Noah was. She sleeps and eats and cries for a specific few (and easily remedied) things. Anna is resting peacefully as we speak...or type...so to speak. :)

And here is what I can tell you about our new baby:
1. She has prissy pinky fingers. They always stick up or out or arched away from rest.
2. She has been a breeze to breastfeed. (Thank you, Lord, for that mercy.)
3. She is real little and has some seriously scrawny legs.
4. She has eyes that resemble her daddy except they are steely blue in color so far.
5. She cries real loud and panicked like my niece did when she was colicky.
6. She's most peaceful and contented in her vibrating bouncer seat.
7. Like Noah was as newborn, she HATES diaper changes and being naked.
8. She sneezes a lot. And hiccups half as much.
9. And drumroll please...she makes me love pink. She is my beautiful girl.
10. Oh yeah, she can flail her head back like nobody's business.

You should see Noah hold his hands up and together in front of himself saying, "Up. Baby." He is quite proud of himself to hold her and kiss her and quiet us all when she is sleeping.

Anyway, we are still catching our breath and have not created perfect little pictures yet, but I hope the pics will do for now. Or maybe just get my sister off my back for a day or two. :) There will be more to come for sure. Am I forgetting anything else I should have mentioned? I am still taking a steady dose of percocet, so it would not be surprising if I did - you know? :)

In closing, you all were right - Baby girls are sweet and fun. We are really enjoying these first days with her. Here is a good parting YAWN shot. :)

Oh yeah...we have new numbers, a new address, new everything lately it seems, and we will be getting moving/baby announcements out in the coming weeks to officially update everyone. But if you would like our new home number, my cell number, or our address before then, just say the word.

In closing, I must give a hugely grateful THANK YOU to my in laws who were an invaluable help to us over the past week. They drove right up from Florida to save our day/week by keeping Noah for us, completing new house tune-ups while we were gone, cooking wonderful meals, and occupying a very excited Noah all the while. They were a real blessing and I don't know how we could ever fully convey our thankfulness to them for their help. Memaw and Papa were a real hit. Noah is missing them already and they just left today. It goes without saying that our first days home with Anna were sweeter for having had their company and love and support.

7 comments:

Emily said...

oh my WORD!!!! I have been waiting all stinking day for these pictures! Can I say I laughed at your blog too...haha...you are so funny. I especially liked you comment on how "seriously scrawny" her legs are...HILarious. And I LOVED the picture of you and her right during your C-section...what a special picture! And the yawn...adorable...and Noah...what can I say...I love him...he is so proud of his little sister...can't wait to see you guys! I LOVE YOU!!

The White Family said...

BEAUTIFUL! You look great, Josh is a natural, Noah is precious and Anna is PERFECT! I'm glad everything is going so well. Email me your new address.

Anonymous said...

Kimmie!! I love it! Pictures are great! I love the one with Anna's eyes wide open! I have a few pictures of the older children holding the younger. What great pictures to have forever! So glad to hear nursing is going well. Thrilled for you Kimmie!

Alison said...

I agree with loving pink! Love the picture of Noah & Anna!

Anonymous said...

LOVED the pictures and your very descriptive blog...I knew it was going to be fun to read IF we ever got it. : ) Anna is just getting prettier by the posts (includes Josh's). So glad we were all correct in telling you that you would love PINK! Thanks for the great pics...the only thing left now is a FAMILY picture!

Unknown said...

I'm soooo glad giving birth didn't kill you:-) C-sections, when they go textbook, are actually not all that bad. What a blessing to have the support from your inlaws. I hope everything will continue to go well with the new little one. She is gorgeous! I love that you love pink now.:-)

Anonymous said...

Anna is beautiful, Kimmy. I looked up the hospital pic. That did turn out really cute. Anna is by far the cutest baby born at your hospital on Sept. 25.