Sep 2, 2008

iPod

How long have iPods been out and I am JUST NOW getting one?! Why didn't someone tell me what all I was missing?!

Anyway, yes, I got one this weekend and felt rather lackadaisical about it. But it was the lesser of two evils when it came to getting a 6 disc changer installed in the new car. I have really missed that feature from the Jeep. And apparently it would take a LOT of trouble and money to make it happen now that we have a car that was manufactured with but 1 cd player. And so ended the Kimmie-sticks-to-CDs mule-headedness. Josh walked me through picking, buying, setting up, importing and syncing my new little Nano.

And in a word, I am just giddy with the freedom and convenience of the iTunes shopping experience over driving to a store, buying a CD, and sometimes only liking half of it. Seriously...I can be so slow on the uptake sometimes. I should have jumped on this iPod bandwagon a LOOOONG time ago.

6 comments:

Amy Faye Brown said...

We are so all about the Ipod, no more scratched up CDs or buying one just for one song. $.99 at Itunes. We just bought the adapter for the Tahoe Monday.

Emily said...

good grief. That's all I have to say :) Oh and I liked the name calling ... the mule headed part. You're so funny. And even funnier that you'll be one of those old people in like 20 years :) that just refuses to keep up with the times..haha. Ok ok, 20 years ahead of you isn't old, but it's still old enough to be "mule headed" about upcoming technology!

Emily said...

and NO, I wouldn't have known how to spell lackadaisical.

Anonymous said...

Funny thing is...I still don't have one!! AHHH!!!! I don't really buy CD's, actually never. So, here's to sticking to Country and Christian radio (not even Satelite)! GO FM!!! :)

sosagtsie said...

Lol, I don't have one either. PJ keeps offering to get me one and I'm like, why?

But you can bet that PJ has one :)

Alison said...

After throwing out way too many tapes (I'm a little slow in getting rid of stuff) and looking at the mountain of CDs we have, I told Garet a few months ago that we are NEVER buying another CD! There just isn't a need! Glad you joined the Ipod nation!