Aug 22, 2008

Ugh...Change of Plans

I have already had a good cry over this this morning, and am now in better spirit and perspective about it, but it looks like we will not be moving for another couple weeks. We were supposed to close on our house here in Athens on Wednesday, but the buyers have had a problem with the company that was buying their house and are in turn appealing something to do with the price they were getting for their house. They have assured us they are still coming, still buying our house, they just need up to 2 more weeks to complete the appeal process. We considered moving on with buying our house in Gallatin, but long story short - that did not work out. Instead we have had to un-cancel everything we had arranged to cancel here for next week and of course cancel everything we had set up to begin and install in our new house for next week as well, not to mention postponing the closing on the house in Gallatin (which was met with as much positive enthusiasm as we had when we heard the news ourselves). The most stressful part of all this undoing is not knowing where we will be on any given day in the next month...which is not comforting at this point in my pregnancy. And knowing that EV-ER-Y-THING in this house is packed. Everything!! But...no worries, we will survive on paper plates, plastic cups, and disposable cooking dishes because I simply refuse to unpack stuff now.

And if this hold up does last a whole 2 more weeks, there is a good chance I will stick around the area (staying with my parents) until the baby is born. Who knows. For the moment, we are just praying the buyers can clear up the problem in a matter of days, not weeks. Pray with me!

Will keep you posted.

7 comments:

sosagtsie said...

I'm praying for you guys, Kimberly. That's got to be so frustrating!

Alison said...

Oh Kimberly - I am so, so sorry! Praying everything will fall into place on the perfect day.

The White Family said...

I'm so sorry! I know you are frustrated. I'll be praying for you!

Unknown said...

UGGGH! I am praying for you too. Moving is sooo complicated and stressful. Keep us posted.

Anonymous said...

I've been praying since hearing the word from Emily...a disappointment for sure, and one of those times when you find yourself asking, "okay, God, what do you want me to learn in this?". A simple answer is that it is yet another opportunity to trust Him with your lives and plans. But easy to say...hard to live out...yet that is exactly what you do, knowing that His timing is perfect. : )

Amy Faye Brown said...

My heart breaks for you. We are praying for you. God has a plan for this. Wait upon Him.

If it makes you feel any better I'm still living in a camper.

We love you all.

Anonymous said...

Yuck!

I am praying for you Kimberly.

You are an encouragement to me. Hang in there. I know God has many blessings ahead for you!!

Will miss you in Bible study!
Melissa