Aug 26, 2008

Back on Track

Hooray, things are getting put back together this week after they seemed to fall apart on us last week. The couple buying our house have been able to find some resolution for the issues they met, provide us with more earnest money, and set a new closing date for us all to count on - September 9th. So we are working toward closing on our house in TN on the 10th. And it looks like I will stay in town through that following weekend with Noah while Josh meets up with all the installers, movers, and appts. for the new house as well as paints rooms and fixes things that need attention right away.

In other news...we have decided to just have Anna delivered here in AL with my current doctor. At my appt. on Monday, my OB suggested we pick a date to have her induced if that would work better for us considering all the chaos surrounding the move and being so close to the due date. At first, this option really unnerved me (you know, CHOOSING to go into labor any sooner than I have to - how masochistic is that?!) ... but when I weighed all the information it really makes the most sense for where we are right now and will alleviate a lot of unpredictability. So at my next appt. I will let my doctor know that yes we would like to stick with her for the delivery and go ahead and pick a date to induce. She likes to induce 7-10 days before the due date, so this will put us at Sept. 22 or 23rd. Wow! It is exciting to think about, but very, very freaky to me.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Kimberly.....freaky?? haha. Not the word I'd have come up with for childbirth...Just keep watching those videos...crazy girl.

Oh and don't psych yourself out. It's really not that bad...and before you know it, it's all in the past and nothing but a memory. A freaky one for you :) Love ya girl!

Alison said...

I'm sure that is a huge sigh of relief!

You'll do fine through labor...at least this way you'll know that you'll make it to the hospital on time!

Anonymous said...

Nah...not freaky...exciting! Remember that childbirth is one of those things that God DESIGNED women's bodies to do!! So celebrate your womanhood and look forward to that TRUE labor of love...and they have great drugs...no worries. : )