Feb 13, 2012

Tonight's Big Deal

I happened upon this verse tonight during my bible study: Ephesians 2:10.  "We are God's masterpiece.  He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago."  And then I accordingly chose it to be a special teaching memory verse for my Noah to mark tonight's big deal.  What big deal, you ask? Well ...

Tonight, a 6 year old prayer in our lives came true.  You see, it was in this month 6 years ago that we found out that Tania's baby was going to be ours for sure.  So it was at that time that we then shifted from praying for God's will in our lives as it related to adoption to praying, praying, praying for our specific soon-to-be baby boy - praying over and over that as the Lord continued to form his frame in Tania's belly that the Lord would also be forming in Noah a heart bent toward Him.  I prayed it in quiet, we prayed it at house church, we prayed it with all our might because it was all we could do from states away to pray goodness and protection over Noah in utero. We committed him to God before he was even ours and all our 5+ years with him we have put God's Word in front of him and esteemed it ourselves in front of him.

Tonight, he overheard me answering Anna's question about how Jesus comes to live in our hearts and what our role in that happening is.  And, for not the first time, he said he wanted to do that.  He said he wanted to do it now but he didn't know how to.  "I not know what to say. What I say?" he asked me.  We talked again about the decision to receive forgiveness for his sin by way of Jesus' death on the cross.  He agreed he chooses to believe in that power and to continue to seek and obey God in his life.  He asked me to show him what to pray, so I did ... and he DID.

My Noah asked Jesus to be his Savior tonight. 

After that,  Noah wanted to pray it again, so we reviewed what he just prayed and he said it facing Anna and said that she was saved now, too.  :}  I told him that's not quite how it works.  Then he wanted to know how there could be two Jesuses.  How could Jesus be in his heart and then Anna's?  Then he wanted to know where his heart was and why he couldn't feel Jesus in there.  Then at bedtime, the newly born again evangelist told Daddy he wanted him to pray to be saved himself.   :)

Anyway, Noah probably doesn't get why his decision tonight gets me and Josh a little sober and weepy.  He doesn't quite get why we wanted to pull him close and kiss him more than normal.  But I do know he gets that he made an important choice tonight.  And I know there is so much more for him to get.  Here is where the training and discipleship gets a little more real.  And I'm so excited to be the one to continue to help him understand more about salvation, eternity, his Creator, and scripture.

Thank you, my God.  Thank you for your faithfulness in his life that has led up to tonight.  I beg you to snatch up and guard his precious little heart more and more and to continue to grow it in your ways.  Thank you, God!

12 comments:

Amy Faye Brown said...

and, all the angels and saints are rejoicing over this little soul now saved! amen and amen!

Kimberly said...

Whoa...I hadn't thought of that. And, now I'm weepy again. Thanks, Amy. :}

Emily said...

AWESOME! Welcome to the family of Christ, Noah! Brooklyn will be SO thrilled to hear that you are her "brother in Christ" now! She will be so excited! We're all very excited you have asked Jesus into your heart and accepted his saving grace! *grinning*

Kimberly, I can totally feel the weepiness too. Such a amazing moment....he's God's forever now!

Kimberly said...

Thanks, Emily!

Heather said...

So exciting Kimmie!!! Ditto to everyone else's comments!

Rebecca Bowles said...

Absolutely beautiful... God is so faithful and true

Elizabeth Bradley said...

Most certainly a Big Deal in the Brown family. Rejoicing with you in your answer to lots of prayers. :)

Kimberly said...

Thanks Heather, Becky, and Elizabeth! Amy, I told Noah what you said about angels celebrating over him and he totally digs that. It really drove the point home in another exciting way. He was eager to tell Josh that angels were celebrating about his having Jesus in his heart and his going to heaven one day. :)

Amy Faye Brown said...

<3

Unknown said...

TEARS of joy for Noah...and you all too. :-) I like Amy's comment.

Memaw said...

One of the greatest joys in your life will be when your children accept Jesus as Savior. Wonderful that you and Matthew are so involved with Noah's spiritual development. Are you going to seek baptism now or wait until he is older? We are having revival services at church this week and I have been praying for two teenage boys in our church to be saved. I never thought that this would be the week that precious Noah would make that step. Love you all so much and am so proud of Noah and all of you.

Kimberly said...

Thanks, Shannon and Carol! As for the baptism, I was thinking about that, too... now or later. My instinct is to wait til a little later. I'll have to see what Josh thinks. I welcome your input to - what do you think?