Oct 6, 2018

Lucky Ladd Farm

Y'all.  We thought fall had arrived.  Indeed, it had!  But then, summer returned for a couple week encore performance?  We've all been collectively dying in the 90s, clawing our way to the next cold front that we are told will be here later this week.   Josh had the week off this week so we'd planned to do a pumpkin patch with him for a change.  And we saw that plan through, defying the heat!, hoping that going in the morning would make the heat less hot.  And it did.  A little.  HA!

Lasa had a blast.  Anna had fun when she wasn't furious at Noah.  Noah was "bored" within minutes of getting there,  realizing he wasn't interested in anything Lucky Ladd had to offer.  Sad times; first time that's happened!  His pumpkin patch fun years have finally expired.  It had to happen eventually, I guess.  It was a substantial enough boredom that I have since decided to pass on Jackson's Orchard next week with church friends.  Maybe.

I survived the day by always finding the nearest patch of shade.  It was a good day!  Thankful.  It was also nice to go by ourselves, just our party of five, and not have to be keeping up with a posse of other peeps.  Just us, wandering through the day together.  It was nice!

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

Amy Faye Brown said...

Leave that boy at home or with a friend and let the girls enjoy the fun!

I. Am. So. Over. This. Heat.
I’m ready for cool days and cooler nights. I live in the highlands for pity’s sake. It’s not supposed to be this hot.

Kimberly said...

It's funny to me now that I didn't get to that option in my head yet. Still stunned by having a kid who is over it! End of an era! But you are right ... I don't have to quit that scene for the other two, I guess. Ha! I have got to get a grip ... but this teenage kiddo thing we are inching up to has me dazed at the moment. I'm not ready.