Jun 26, 2016

Summer o' Splash

Somehow, this summer has been been well-represented by splash (Lasa's fave).  There was the White House splash pad we visited a couple weeks ago.


Later that same week, we tried another new-to-us splash pad about half an hour away in Mount Juliet. It's called Ava's Splash Pad and it did not disappoint.  This time I took just the big kids to meet up with friends and left Lasa at home with Josh to avoid her getting trampled and over-splashed by the crowd.  It ended being a better splash pad than I expected and I think Lasa will LOVE it.  We'll definitely go back this summer.  



There was an excellent playground right across the sidewalk from the splash pad as well. 





The splashes continued last weekend when we visited my sister to meet this tiny one, my new niece, Evie.


We hit up Dublin Park in Madison and let the cousins do what they do best - play hard!

 

Check out my brave girl on the high diving board!



Noah had to be bribed, but he did it.  Just once. :}


That's him scaring the life out of Emily and me as he flailed hard right to be nearer to the wall.  Too near if you ask us! He splashed the lifeguard big time. 


Back at home this week, the kiddos kicked off the first day of VBS at a pool party for Jonas afterwards. Lasa made a splash with her psychotic meltdown, so I ended up running for home with her.  Thankful for friends who don't mind keeping my kiddos around without me.  Thankful for kids who are easy for other parents to have around. 


And not to be forgotten is Lasa's new homegrown splashpad/mat.  It makes her day, as all splashing opportunities do.


There are some splashes to be had in Nashville with all my babies before the summer is over at Bicentennial Mall Fountains that I have seen several friends get to as well as Russell Sims Waterpark in KY.  Those are next up on our list.  And any we can find around Franklin, NC when we get the heck out of town this weekend!

7 comments:

Emily said...

Evie doesn't even look like that picture anymore.... :( She is changing too fast.

I am jealous of all that water time. Can't wait till I can swim with my babes. Hate to keep them from it just because Evie can't regulate her body temp and gets close to heat stroke in our summer sun....wish we had our backyard pool in times like this.

Kimberly said...

Come up in early fall when kids are back in school and we can enjoy the pads all to ourselves!

Amy Faye Brown said...

We're too old for splash pads, but we do enjoy wading in our backyard creek.

Enjoy your time in Franklin!

Kimberly said...

Backyard creek? It just sounds more and more dreamy with every detail. Y'all have a free day coming up any? We thought about trying to meet up somewhere between there and y'all ... Were gonna play it by ear once we got there and got the lay of the land ... and the lay of Lasa's moods/naps on her first road trip. Ha!

Emily said...

We will plan on a trip up there for sure. Even if it's just a day trip... *beauty of living close* hashtaglivingcloserocks ;)

Amy Faye Brown said...

Yeah, have your man get up with my man and we'll try to work it out.

Kimberly said...

Will do!