Jun 22, 2016

Centrikid Camp

Last week, Josh and Noah took off for Noah's first overnight camp experience, CentriKid, with a crew from our church and our church's sending church.





It was hot, it was fun, it was active, it was a well put-together Biblical curriculum, it was worth the trip! Josh got sick midway through, a germ from which he is STILLLLLL recuperating (bronchitis now), but he still says he would go again and would like for Noah to attend again as well.  The theme this year was The Armor of God.

A slew of moments Josh captured from those 5 days...





















Josh kept in touch well throughout their trip - calling to give Anna bedtime kisses via Facetime and texting me often with some fun commentary of all he surveyed.  A few of my personal favorite texts were:
  • 112 degrees on bus 
  • I get the feeling I am in charge of way more than I planned.
  • I don't even know how many kids are from our group. If we lose any I'll found out on Thursday.
  • I guess it has cooled down to 108 now. 
  • #sweatychildrenstink
  • I am the polar opposite of a CentriKid camp counselor. We were greeted with cheerleader moves and pool noodles.
  • Noah and William just informed me this move is called The Dab.  #informalcurriculum 
  • Noah LOVES dodgeball.

3 comments:

Emily said...

LOL!!!! The texts!!!!! I guess it's 108 now...oy!

Looks like they kept those kids busy busy busy....good way to keep them out of any trouble too!

Kimberly said...

The texts were a trip in themselves. Ha!

Amy Faye Brown said...

Oh, my. Sounds like great memories were made!