Jun 28, 2016

More Tooth Fairy Truth for Anna

Anna has turned out to be a teeth-pulling warrior!  She is not at all nervous or jumpy or afraid of yanking those bad boys when it's time.  She's had a loose tooth for a few weeks now.  


Today I noticed her working it BIG time while watching a movie.  Later in the movie, Noah asks me where Anna went.  I knew, I KNEW, she was taking care of business.  I prayed it would be so because I could not take much more of that snaggly thing waiting to pop out.  So I call up the stairs and ask what she's doing.  She starts singing before she even opens the bathroom door and descends the stairs, "All I want for Christmas is my TWOOOOOOO front teeth!"  


I mean.  Could a little girl beam any more?!?!?  I don't think so.  The only thing cuter than this moment and this girl was this man who dressed up as a make-shift tooth fairy for his baby girl.  Scarf, fairy wings, and a tutu around his arm.  Sadly, the tooth fairy wasn't feeling camera-ready and would only cooperate so much. No worries - it adds a magical filter to the whole thing. :}


He literally flapped his hands over her in her bed as he slid $5 under her pillow.  And wouldn't you know, she was already asleep!  She had choreographed how she wanted a tooth fairy visit no matter who had to dress up.  And we laughed as we imagined it actually happening.  And the moment of truth came, the father-turned-fairy is waiting to be spotted, and she is asleep! He even tried to whisper and wake her.  He kissed her and fluttered a bit more.  I was actually afraid my busting out laughing would ruin the whole moment.  He {thinks} she opened her eyes, but I think she was too exhausted from the bedtime meltdown and manhunt for  - get this - her precious tooth that she MANAGED TO LOSE somewhere in that space.  She put it under her pillow (which we never did before this night) and then took it out again, for whoknowswhy, and somehow it got flung. Oh, the weeping and gnashing of teeth ... minus one tooth - HA!  Daddy tore her room apart to save the day, going so far as to take her bed apart too, but that tooth is so lost.  You just can't make this stuff up, y'all! And all this right after the last lost tooth kerfuffle where I blew the whole tooth fairy secret.  Please don't make me rehash those memories...  

All this to say - it's been another lost tooth drama, but I think we have all survived.  And we'll call it a win.  Daddy?  As the TOOTH FAIRY?!  Bless it.  That's a winning moment.

6 comments:

Cindy said...

That is hilarious!

Amy Faye Brown said...

No words....just hysterical laughter.

Kimberly said...

You got it! I couldn't even softy giggle. Every time he flapped, I would BUST out.

This morning Anna says she DID see her fairy ... and me peeping around the corner. Sweetest dreams.

Amy Faye Brown said...

That's A+ parenting! 😊

Emily said...

I am literally laughing so crazy my kids think I'm crazy! That was such a great narrative...I completely pictured Josh doing every bit of the fairy charade!! He is such a good sport....but then...he WAS Santa not too long ago right? I think this may be a great retirement job idea for him ;) LOL!!!!!!!!

Kimberly said...

I will pass on the sisterly supports to him. ;)